We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vienna to Villach by train, best views

Which Villach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 5
Vienna to Villach by train, best views

We are travelling by train from Vienna to Villach. Are there any suggestions regarding which side of the train we should book to get the best views

Chardy

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
reviews: 28
1. Re: Vienna to Villach by train, best views

If you sit on the left-hand side, you have better views on Lake Wörther (Wörthersee) at the end of the journey. You also have better views out of the left-hand windows when the train ascends Semmering Mountain South of Vienna. But for the rest it does not really matter. And I did not know that you can now select the side of the train when carrying out a seat reservation.....

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 5
2. Re: Vienna to Villach by train, best views

Thanks for the info.

The OEBB (the Austrian train operator) website has a facility to "Select Seats". It is very similar to the airline facility, it shows a diagram of the railway carriages. I have not tried it but I assume it works.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
reviews: 28
3. Re: Vienna to Villach by train, best views

Well, I knew that this service has been available for the RailJet trains, ÖBB's new "superior" train category. But as these trains weren't running along the "South Corridor" (Vienna-Bruck an der Mur-Klagenfurt-Villach) yet, I am kind of surprised.

4. Re: Vienna to Villach by train, best views

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, December 15, 2013