We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Linz to Prague

Which Linz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai
reviews: 14
Train from Linz to Prague

Hi,

we are planning to travel from Linz to Prague on train. Initially we were planning to travel from Salzburg to Prague but I understand that there are no direct trains from Salzburg to Prague and the train is from Linz.

But when i checked www.oebb.at and the czech railway website, I understand we cannot make an online booking for the trains?

Can someone let em know how I can get the tickets?

Thanks!

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
reviews: 28
1. Re: Train from Linz to Prague

There are construction works why the railway line has been interrupted. Take the bus (www.westbus.at) instead! In order to reach Linz from Salzburg ideally take a train of WESTBahn (www.westbahn.at) whose fares are better.

Dubai
reviews: 14
2. Re: Train from Linz to Prague

Thanks Mikey_Vienna!

I have booked the bus ticket. I understand we can carry one piece of baggage (suitcases, not hand baggage) free with the ticket?

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
reviews: 28
3. Re: Train from Linz to Prague

Yes! This is stated on their website.

Linz, Austria
reviews: 1
4. Re: Train from Linz to Prague

I travelled with Westbus from Linz to Prague and back recently. The bus driver from Linz to Prague was kinda rude to a Korean girl who bought the wrong ticket on the bus and refuse to give her change back. On the way back it was much better. The bus ride from Linz to Prague is quite curvy going through mostly fields, there are toilets on the bus but prepare your own toilet paper just in case.

5. Re: Train from Linz to Prague

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, August 22, 2013