We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vienna to Salzkammergut to Prague

Which Upper Austria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ATLANTA,GA
reviews: 51
Vienna to Salzkammergut to Prague

Hi,

We will be visiting vienna and prague in May. I'm trying to determine what would be an easily accessible town/center to spend 2 nights arriving from Vienna? I'm assuming we will have to rent a car rather than use public transport. Original plan was to stay somewhere in the Czech countryside between Vienna and Prague but nothing is striking me as rivaling the natural beauty of Salzkammergut. We have 8 nights total. Any suggestions?

3 replies to this topic
Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
reviews: 28
1. Re: Vienna to Salzkammergut to Prague

Didn't you plan visiting the Salzkammergut while on your way towards Vienna?

ATLANTA,GA
reviews: 51
2. Re: Vienna to Salzkammergut to Prague

Yes (confusing). I'm traveling with daughter Hall-Halstatt-Salzburg-Vienna where she meets her group (university). My husband flies to Vienna to meet us. We fly the following week out of Prague. He would find the area awesome and I

m now trying to accommodate him as well (I know, I know). I am wondering Traunsee, bad ischl. Married 23 years tomorrow ...this is how. Happy spouse = good vacation, etc etc

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
reviews: 28
3. Re: Vienna to Salzkammergut to Prague

Well, then go to the Salzkammergut again. There is plenty to do, so you won't be bored at all! I would rent a car in the area (e.g. Bad Ischl) in order to be able to return it at the same station what is cheaper. Renting in Vienna and returning in the Czech Republic is either not permitted or fairly expensive. It would be easy to continue to Prague from the Salzkammergut. Just take a train to Linz, then by express bus (www.westbus.at) to Prague.

Reply to: Vienna to Salzkammergut to Prague
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted