We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cesky Krumlov to Salzburg stopovers for rest in between

Which Upper Austria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tokyo
reviews: 6
Cesky Krumlov to Salzburg stopovers for rest in between

Dear TripAdvisors,

My group and I will be driving from Cesky Krumlov to Salzburg in September. It's a long journey and I'm looking for advice where to break it. Have a short stop for a restroom break, photo-op, maybe some local souvenirs.

Thank you!

PS. Those of you who have seen and answered a very similar question by me "Cesky Krumlvo to Hallstatt"... I want to thank you again for the answers. Unfortunately, due to the program scheduling problem, we'll be going to Salzburg first and traveling to the lake district the next day.

2 replies to this topic
Vienna
reviews: 45
1. Re: Cesky Krumlov to Salzburg stopovers for rest in between

The lake district is on the route. If you go to Salzburg first you will drive on motorway and by definition miss the nice places. I would leave the motorway for beautiful Gmunden village - it takes 10 minutes and you can have a drink and take some beautiful pictures.

Tokyo
reviews: 6
2. Re: Cesky Krumlov to Salzburg stopovers for rest in between

Salzburger67, thank you for your reply,

Gmunden was suggested as well when I considered Cesky Krumlov > Hallstatt route. And it is a very picturesque town indeed! Looks like from CK to Salzburg it's still a good option :)

Reply to: Cesky Krumlov to Salzburg stopovers for rest in between
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted