We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monaco 2014 F1 race

Which Monte-Carlo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
reviews: 73
Monaco 2014 F1 race

Can anybody recommend the most convenient location to stay in for the F1 race in terms of travel (by train) to and from the circuit during the weekend. Hotels in Monte Carlo seem to be block booked years ahead so I am considering hotels in Nice, Cagnes-sur-mer, Villefranche and Roquebrunne. Even some of those are now fully booked. I believe the trains get filled at Nice and Ventimiglia, so trains are filled before intermediate stops such as Villefranche (Nice direction) and Roquebrunne (Ventimiglia direction) making boarding the train at those places difficult. We will have a car, but think that is not a sensible option for daily travel to Monaco. Advice please.

Thanks.

58 replies to this topic
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Destination Expert
for Monte-Carlo
reviews: 152
1. Re: Monaco 2014 F1 race

Which hotels have you tried, David? Most of them will only be putting a speculative block on for next May, because the GP calendar for 2014 has not yet been announced and they have not yet decided how much to charge. Internet booking sites don't usually operate more than a year ahead, either.

If you have a budget in mind, pick your preferred hotels and try a personal approach, it usually works wonders. It's worth checking the Beausoleil hotels as they are all within walking distance.

If further afield, trains will be crowded, but I have yet to see any as crowded as a UK commuter train. It's all relative.

UK
reviews: 4
2. Re: Monaco 2014 F1 race

We are going to this year's Monaco grand prix for the first time and decided to stay in Menton which is towards the Italian border (so the opposite direction to hopefully majority of crowd). Menton is four stops on the train from Monte Carlo and takes 10 mins according to timetables. We are renting a two bed apartment.

Manchester, United...
3. Re: Monaco 2014 F1 race

Thank you Moth and Pug206 that's useful feedback. We would prefer hotel to appartment. We have been trying for several years to ago to Monaco GP, hotel accommodation has always been the stumbling block as I wanted to stay as close as possible to the action. Hotels in the immediate area of Monte Carlo have often replied that they book several years ahead, others are contracted to either sponsors/teams/packages. We decided that we would do 2014. We do not have a mega budget but are prepared for sky high prices for 3 star hotels. I have been emailing directly hotels as far as Nice and Cagnes-sur-mer, most seem to be open for bookings with a number having availability, but we have hesitated over location i.e. hotel distance to station. We were also concerned about full trains between Nice area and Monaco. I have recently focused in the other direction, Menton towards Ventimiglia, on the basis that trains would be less of a problem and more hotel availability. I have tried Villefranche and found a hotel there (232 euros per night room) but the full train issue, from Nice, concerned us. In Beausoleil, I have emailed Hotel Capitole-full; Hotel Olympia-bookings taken after this year's race.

We are planning to arrive on the Thursday and depart the following Monday, four nights. We will have a car with us, so we have to take car parking for the duration into account.

I realise that the 2014 calendar has yet to be finalised but the Monaco GP is one GP that is hammered down on that particular May weekend. Hotel demand on those dates indicate that everybody else is working to that weekend.

However, wouldn't be too happy to find that we had booked the "wrong" weekend at some 200plus euros per night!

pug206, if you wouldn't mind giving me some feedback on your return from your trip, thanks.

Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Destination Expert
for Monte-Carlo
reviews: 152
4. Re: Monaco 2014 F1 race

Hi David

True that many of the more affordable hotels are block-booked for the teams/sponsors, but we really don't yet have clarity on the dates for 2014. Yes everyone works towards the last weekend of May, but we were all caught out two years ago when it came forward to mid-May.

I did a quick search on Accor hotels (Novotel, Mercure, Ibis etc) and found availability in a few within a reasonable distance. I really don't think you need to worry too much about full trains, but if I haven't reassured you, staying in Ventimiglia is one way around the issue, as the trains into France start there, empty.

I know people who stayed in an aparthotel in Beausoleil that I am now unable to find on the internet - a good sign, because maybe no one else can! I will ask if they can remember the name of the place and let you know...

Manchester, United...
5. Re: Monaco 2014 F1 race

Thanks Moth. I really would have liked to have stayed close to Monte Carlo, savour the atmosphere through day and night . I am now checking out Menton, as PUG206. It is just 14mins away on train, Ventimiglia 26mins, according to Thomas Cook European Train Guide 2010(!), a very very useful publication for planning train journeys around Europe, as is "Man in seat61".

I remember the year the date moved, I read the change of date and emailed an hotel in Monaco getting a reply of availability at standard rate! Instead of booking I hesitated, an email came back some days later saying that there had been mistake! When I enquire I specify dates as being Monaco GP weekend, how that will help if the date changes I don't know.

Stockport, United...
reviews: 15
6. Re: Monaco 2014 F1 race

Hello,

I have just made a booking at the following using Laterooms

laterooms.com/en/p1301/pv1128426mob/hotel-re…

Just a short walk from Monaco, £118 per night, no deposit and free to cancel if the date changes.

Be quick though, not many rooms left.

Edited: 2:11 pm, May 26, 2013
UK + Monaco
reviews: 1
7. Re: Monaco 2014 F1 race

QUESTION FROM THE 2013 MONACO GP FORUM

129. Re: 2013 Monaco Grand Prix

Jun 15, 2013, 6:36 PM

Ed, a couple of questions if I may for the 2014 GP.

When can you buy tickets for this event?

I am thinking of booking seats in Grandstand K or B. Can I be sure of getting seats on the right hand side of K,where you get a view from the tunnel exit?

Do ticket prices change, is it better to buy as early as possible?

Whats the best place to purchase the tickets (I am in the UK)

Can you let me have one of your 2013 info packs please

Many thanks

Ken

RESPONSE

131. Re: 2013 Monaco Grand Prix

Jun 16, 2013, 7:13 AM

Hi Ken

As Moth mentions, keep checking the ACM website if you are looking for ticket only. It is best to buy direct from them unless you are looking for value added services. Don't buy just tickets from a tour operator like us, there is no added value that a tour operator can offer for ticket only so there is no point in you paying extra for just a ticket. When they go on sale varies each year but seems to be getting earlier so I would check the website now and keep doing so. You could also contact the ACM direct and ask them when they are expecting tickets to go on sale, the answer may be that they have not decided yet but it's worth a try.

The seats in K1 high/right go very quickly so you will have to act fast to stand a chance of getting seats there.

Ticket prices from the ACM don't change as time goes on, the only way you will pay more than the ACM is if you are buying from someone else.

No problem on the info pack, PM me your email address.

I've also posted this in the 2014 thread.

Regards

Ed

Bournemouth
reviews: 47
8. Re: Monaco 2014 F1 race

Ed, Many thanks to you and Moth for your fantastic contribution to this forum.

I cannot emphasise enough how valuable this is in de-mystifying the details of organising to get to Monaco for the GP.

Best regards

Ken

UK + Monaco
reviews: 1
9. Re: Monaco 2014 F1 race

Happy to help Ken and I've emailed you also. Sean will send you the info pack we sent out for 2013, feel free to keep in touch and we'll send you 2014 also when it's ready.

All the best.

Ed

Kemnay...
reviews: 9
10. Re: Monaco 2014 F1 race

Tickets on ACM now on sale. Monaco 2014 here we come! expensive day : S

Reply to: Monaco 2014 F1 race
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Monte-Carlo