We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monaco, Southern France and Italy

Which Monaco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
Monaco, Southern France and Italy

Hi guys,

I'll be staying in Monaco for around a week in early December, Is it practical that if I stay in Monaco and still visit the southern of France on daily basis?..and with an extra week of my travelling period, what are the best places to visit in Italy that is not far off from Monaco.

thanks.

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Nice, Eze, Monaco
reviews: 19
1. Re: Monaco, Southern France and Italy

if you stay one week, I will advise you to cut your stay with different hotels

that also depend what do you mean by southern of france ?? because you need may be 10 hours by car to go to the west coast !

if you wish to visit Nice, Cannes.. ok from Monaco = 1 hr monaco

marseille = 2hrs30

Avignon = 4 hours

Italy, if you wish to visit after Genes (2h30 ?) -Genoa, I also advise you to book hotel in another city

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
2. Re: Monaco, Southern France and Italy

For all train times between Monaco and nearby places in France such as Nice (from 20 minutes away), Cannes and Menton, see …ter-sncf.com/Images/Paca/Tridion/fiche_04_2… - these trains also go to Ventimiglia, the first town in Italy, where you must change trains for all other Italian cities.

For places in France further away, see www.tgv-europe.com/en - do not allow yourself to be redirected onto what it calls 'our local website' - choose to 'continue on www.tgv-europe.com'

For trains in Italy from Ventimiglia to nearby places such as Bordighera, San Remo, Alassio, Finale Ligure and Genoa, see http://www.trenitalia.com/homepage_en.html - places further away than Genoa are not practical for a day-trip.

3. Re: Monaco, Southern France and Italy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, March 22, 2014