We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelona to Soldeu

Which Soldeu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, United...
Barcelona to Soldeu

Can anybody advise the best or easy route from Barcelona to Soldeu if travelling by car from the airport.

Thanks

8 replies to this topic
New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
reviews: 86
1. Re: Barcelona to Soldeu

Hi,

I have not driven from Barcelona myself, but you may find this thread from the Andorra forum useful. You could send a PM to the posters to ask which route they took.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g190391-i1957-k398…

Also this previous thread.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g315773-i9871-k246…

If you type ' driving from Barcelona ' in the Search box, quite a few previous threads come up. Have a look.

Edited: 8:19 pm, December 07, 2010
Upminster, United...
reviews: 37
2. Re: Barcelona to Soldeu

There are two sensible routes. The most direct is C-16/E-9 (never understood continental road numbers) towards Bourg-Madame, in to France, through the "new" very long tunnel into Andorra. This route has some hefty tolls on the roads and particularly the tunnel and you will also have to check that your hire car as insurance cover for France (which you will probably have to pay extra for).

The other way missing France is to turn off the C-16/E-9 on to the N-260. This is only 24 Km more and misses out lots of tolls, but it is a much slower route as is heads up and down the foot hills. I have done this route in the summer and I wouldn't really recommend it if you are tired, driving in the dark or in a hurry.

Canada
reviews: 106
3. Re: Barcelona to Soldeu

Hi Mr Cellophane,

We are planning to spend a night in Andorra in July on our way from Costa Brava/Girona. Next morning we will be off to Barcelona. We have to return the car by 18:00 in Barcelona that day.

In your opinion, will we have time to visit Monserrat on that day? We don't want to rush or anything...

Looking for picturesque roads and places in Andorra and on the way...

Thanks,

P

Upminster, United...
reviews: 37
4. Re: Barcelona to Soldeu

I hate to say I have never seen any picturesque roads or places in Andorra.

If your car hire allows you to travel into France, go up towards Perpignan then down on the Prades road. Just after Prades is Villefranche-de-conflent which is worth an hour or two over lunch. As well as the walled town there are caves with prehistoric paintings. Continue on to Mont Louis for more history. A small detour towards Font Romeu will pass the worlds largest solar furnace. There is a reasonable over night stop in Saillagouse.

You will eventually reach the border town of Bourg-Madame where can can turn towards Andorra or carry on to Barcelona. The E9/C16 from here will take you to Monserrat.

You will miss out Andorra all together, but in my opinion, unless you are going skiing you won't miss much.

Edited: 12:43 pm, April 04, 2011
yorkie
reviews: 17
5. Re: Barcelona to Soldeu

Can anyone tell me how long the transfer fro lleida alguaire airport to soldeu is (we have never used this we usually fly into Tolousse.

Stockport England
Destination Expert
for Bruges
reviews: 23
6. Re: Barcelona to Soldeu

This us the first season that airport has been used by tour operators, transfer times will be available from nielson, I'd guess around two hours ? Maybe a little less .

Edited: 7:29 am, November 20, 2011
Stockport England
Destination Expert
for Bruges
reviews: 23
7. Re: Barcelona to Soldeu

Transfer is still 3 hours according to nielson

8. Re: Barcelona to Soldeu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 pm, November 24, 2011

Reply to: Barcelona to Soldeu
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Soldeu