We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Andorra Winter Driving Conditions

Which Andorra la Vella hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City...
Andorra Winter Driving Conditions

Can anybody tell me what it is like to drive a car in Andorra in the winter? My husband and I will be renting a car (SEAT Ibiza) in Barcelona and would like to drive up to Andorra la Vella ourselves during the last week of December. We heard that the highway N-145 was open all year but is it possible to reach in a normal car without snow chains? I know it's dependent on weather conditions but does anybody have experience up there this time of the year? THANKS!

Stockport England
Destination Expert
for Bruges
reviews: 23
1. Re: Andorra Winter Driving Conditions

The drive is do able and the drive from barca to the start of the mountains will most likely be easy.

Once you get to hhe mountains the roads may be clear, or may be snowy. Either way you must have snow chains from a safety and legal point of view. You may not use them, but you have to have them .

north yorkshire
reviews: 18
2. Re: Andorra Winter Driving Conditions

The main road is reliably kept open - a realtively easy job in Andorra as they don't have many of them! Have driven it for several years without problems. Must admit Stockport - no snow chains just good tyres.

Stockport England
Destination Expert
for Bruges
reviews: 23
3. Re: Andorra Winter Driving Conditions

I've never had problems in the major routes either. Snow chains are however mandatory.

4. Re: Andorra Winter Driving Conditions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 26, 2012