We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skiing

Which Andorra la Vella hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Moscow, Russia
Skiing

Hi,

What's the best ski resort in Andorra for beginners?

Thanks

Lisbon
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
reviews: 43
1. Re: Skiing

For me it's Granvalira, Canillo sector, I agree totally with the words at the website - "GRANDVALIRA-CANILLO - The easy levels of its ski slopes make Grandvalira-Canillo ideal for families and for beginners making their first contact with the snow. The slopes are near a peaceful town far from the madding crowd."

I've been there with a few friends that were beginners.

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
reviews: 91
2. Re: Skiing

Personally, I recommend the Grand Valira as well, but staying in Soldeu. As this is the middle village resort of the GV, it is well placed to ski to El Tarter and Canillo to the right and Grau Roig and Pas De La Casa to the left, although you will not ski the whole area in a week if you are beginners.

Canillo is the lowest altitude, so can suffer from lack of snow. There is only one long blue run and one black, that lead to Canillo from El Tarter, and one main short slope from the Canillo gondola, with one cafe on the slope, so it is very small.

Soldeu has plenty of blue runs leading from the gonola station, and it is easy to ski to El Tarter on blues, and also along pretty tree lined runs to and from Soldeu / El Tarter. It is a larger ski area than Canillo, and will have better snow as higher altitude. You can ski down to resort and hotels instead of using the gondola or chairlift, on a choice of two blue runs, easy for beginners once you have mastered the basic snowplough, turn and stop.

Soldeu is not a large town like Pas, but has more nightlife, bars and restaurants than Canillo and El Tarter. The gondola goes up from the centre of the main street, close to hotels, so easy access to the slopes and ski school.

Find more info on the Soldeu forum.

Edited: 10:15 am, February 12, 2011
Moscow, Russia
3. Re: Skiing

Thank you for information

4. Re: Skiing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 pm, October 17, 2012