We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay in Cyprus

Which Polis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Preston
reviews: 27
where to stay in Cyprus

Thinking of a weeks holiday in Cyprus in September - somebody suggested Polis -

We dont hire a car - we like relaxing during the day (not adverse to the a walk between the two towns) - At night we like to be in close proximity of a few bars and restaurants- have a couple of drinks, and then enjoy a meal- Is this the place for us? which would people recommend Polis or Latchi.

we like Protaras - but would like a change

thanks

uk
reviews: 59
1. Re: where to stay in Cyprus

I would think Polis/Latchi would suit you. The beach is not as good as Protaras but the atmosphere is more Cypriot in the village. You will also have the chance to see a wider range of the island from Polis.

Isle of Wight
reviews: 18
2. Re: where to stay in Cyprus

Just come back from Latchi and I would say you that there are enough taverna/bars to keep you occupied.

Polis town is inland and have a nice atmosphere around the square, but glad we stayed at the beach front hotel Souli Beach Hotel in Latchi. Beach is pebbly but pleasant enough.

The beach walk between Latchi and Polis seemed a little too far for us to give it a go! I think it would take about an hour to get along the beach and then walk upto Polis Town.

If you enjoy exploring or not one for sunbathing all day a car is essential!

Good restaurants - Souli Beach Hotel's taverna on the beach front and Chix Chox in Polis square - they have a 3 course set menu for 16 euro and a glass of wine if 2.50 euro.

Enjoy your stay.

London, United...
reviews: 11
3. Re: where to stay in Cyprus

Polis and Latchi are beautiful - it reminds me of Paphos 20 years ago. It has the most stunning landscape. The town of latchi and Polis seem to have learnt the lessons of the other towns and all the buildings are very pretty and in keeping with the surrounding area. I love it.

New York City, New...
reviews: 12
4. Re: where to stay in Cyprus

Polis and latchi are great to explore but i wouldn't stay there without a car but maybe thats just me.

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
reviews: 41
5. Re: where to stay in Cyprus

It would be a shame to stay in the Polis/Latchi area without a car, as it's such a lovely area to explore.

Also, unless you book a package holiday including transfers, it's a trek from the airport and therefore costly.

Trisha

wales
reviews: 24
6. Re: where to stay in Cyprus

Totally agree with Trisha,hire a car for convenience and exploring. Taxi fares are very expensive for transfers to and from the airport. Its not much dearer to hire a car. Sixty euros plus with greedy taxi drivers each way. That is why there are less tour companies using Polis/Latchi

Nairn, Scotland
reviews: 39
7. Re: where to stay in Cyprus

Yes hire a car! We will be €150 for a return trip from the airport.! I don't know why we didn't think of hiring a car.

Liz

U.K
reviews: 8
8. Re: where to stay in Cyprus

Can anyone advise the best place to stay in Cyprus. We've looked at Latchi and it sounds good. We like pretty, unspoilt places, definitely no loud nightclubs and bars. We'd have the uise of a car so travelling around wouldn't be a problem. We like mountains and beautiful beaches but not high rise apartments and tacky shops. Any advice would be welcome as we've never visited Cyprus before and not sure where to start. Thanks.

Nairn, Scotland
reviews: 39
9. Re: where to stay in Cyprus

www.holidaylettings.co.uk/photodisplay.aspx… or Google Arsinoe Beach Bungalows. Just idyllic and sounds perfect for your needs. We stayed there for two weeks this year and have booked for next year. Only 15 min walk to Latchi but we did hire a car to see the area. Private message if you want more info or pics.

Liz

10. Re: where to stay in Cyprus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, October 15, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Polis
Recent Conversations