We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shingly beach - Paphian Bay

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Kensington...
reviews: 17
Shingly beach - Paphian Bay

Thanks for your reply-appreciated, although I am disappointed to read that it has a shingly beach. I booked thinking it was a sandy beach - the descriptions I have read include:-

"The Paphian Bay Hotel, elegant and exclusive, stands on its own private golden beach".

uk
reviews: 7
1. Re: Shingly beach - Paphian Bay

The only 'golden beach' anywhere near Paphos is at Coral Bay. I don't know of any hotels in Paphos that have a great beach. That's not to say Paphos isn't great, because it is, and pretty well all hotels have a pool area that makes up for lack of beach.

Wicklow, Ireland
reviews: 4
2. Re: Shingly beach - Paphian Bay

Just returned from Paphos and walked all the way along the beach from near the harbour back past all the hotels on Posideon ave.(spelt wrong) and there was some sand but not what weinthe British Isles recognise as golden beach . At best it was like builders sand ,very coarse with minute stones and then there are places that have large shingle and big boulder stuff but nothing you would be comfortable lying on----just as well these hotels have nice pools and gardens!

Mile High
3. Re: Shingly beach - Paphian Bay

Wrong side of the Island for beaches. For a beach holiday try Ayia Napa/Nissi Bay, or Protaras/Pernera

London
reviews: 52
4. Re: Shingly beach - Paphian Bay

I think they ship in a bit of sand - as Hobbi says, more like builder's sand, which sits with the shingle. It isn't a big beach at PB Hotel and does have boulders here and there. The water wasn't too clear either. Don't let that bother you though. The pools are great and there are loads of loungers in the gardens and by the pool and on the beach itself.

The local guide says that all beaches in Paphos are public, even those by the hotels that claim to be private.

A nice beach is Kourian Beach near Limassol. If you have a car it's about 45 - 60 mins away. Take the pretty coast road rather than the motorway as it had lovely views and you can stop off at Aphrodite's Rock. Kourion has a long, wide sandy beach. If you are into the history part, ancient Kourion is up on the cliffs.

Enjoy your holiday. PB is a nice hotel.

South Kensington...
reviews: 17
5. Re: Shingly beach - Paphian Bay

Thanks to all who replied - we have been to Protaras twice (great beach) but fancied a change - I am sure the hotel/gardens and the odd dip in the sea will be fine

6. Re: Shingly beach - Paphian Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, August 22, 2009