We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paphos to Polis/Latchi

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Swansea, United...
reviews: 2
Paphos to Polis/Latchi

During my next visit to Paphos in June, I'm hoping to catch a bus to Polis or Latchi or both. I understand that I can catch a bus from the harbour and then change in Paphos old town. Could anyone please tell me the cost of the bus? Also, I looked at the map and notice that the bus stops in Polis town. Could you tell me if there's anything of interest there, how far it is to walk to the beach and is it possible to walk to Latchi?

7 replies to this topic
Polis, Cyprus
reviews: 23
1. Re: Paphos to Polis/Latchi

All single trips are €1.50 so €3 to Polis. Polis square is very quaint with some nice places to have a drink or eat, there is also a museum and a couple of quaint Byzantine Churches . The municipal beach is probably about a half hours walk from where the bus drops you off, however you can hire bikes in the centre. Latchi is probably too far too walk but you can get a bus there or further up to the Baths of Aphrodite....or again bike...there is a cycle path most of the way to Latchi.

Swansea, United...
2. Re: Paphos to Polis/Latchi

Thank you.

Corby, United...
reviews: 14
3. Re: Paphos to Polis/Latchi

From harbour to karavela the old town then a coach from there to polis. Taker about 1.30 hours. If your returning get a day pass for eur 5. I was there last week. If you can go from polis to baths of aphrodite , its beautiful there.

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
reviews: 41
4. Re: Paphos to Polis/Latchi

There is a lovely beach path from Polis to Latchi - very pleasant walk if it's not too hot.

Trisha

Swansea, United...
5. Re: Paphos to Polis/Latchi

Thanks.

Blackpool
reviews: 114
6. Re: Paphos to Polis/Latchi

For timetables and details of buses go to www.pafosbuses.com

Buses for Polis, Latchi, leave from the top bus station (Karavella) and you change at Polis for Aphrodites Pool.

Nothing much at either Latchi or Polis. Aphrodites pool is the size of a childs paddling pool with a few rotten branches hanging over it.

Arundel, United...
reviews: 115
7. Re: Paphos to Polis/Latchi

Aphrodite's Pool is very much on the tourist circuit, go there to see coach loads of Russians. There is also a garden there. To get away from the crowds head towards the cliff path. The scenery is stunning.

Latchi is a new man-made harbour with large restaurants. Not much character. You can get boat trips from there.

We have stayed in Paphos but much prefer Polis for a holiday. The old centre is compact with plenty of restaurants. The walk to the sea is a gentle walk downhill through orange groves, and through the campsite at the end. There is a café/beach bar and the start of the beach path to Latchi.

Reply to: Paphos to Polis/Latchi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Paphos