We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to cyprus help please!

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ESSEX
reviews: 3
First time to cyprus help please!

Hello all on tripadvisor,

My family is staying in a villa on the Secret valley Complex ( i have a car ) so I need a bit of info for a first time holiday to cyprus.

I understand secret valley is a little bit of a drive out from paphos and the area is quite quiet so I need to know were we can do our food shopping also local good restaurants near there. and any tips on deals at resturants and local entertainment and recommend any trips out, My boys are 17,13 so looking to try and keep them occupied.

Also can you drink the tap water or do you have to buy bottled, and what plugs are needed 2 pin round or 2 pin flat? Are there any ATM on or near secret valley.

Security read a few post about villa crime, what is the latest ? As I understand it on the secret valley complex they have private security but that info only came from the villa owner!! So has anyone been to this area or at present living there. I just want to be aware if there are any problems.

Finally we arrive this wend at Paphos airport so what should i expect to pay for a taxi for 4 adults and luggage to this area, and what price is the £ to the euro out there just got some for 1.16/ £1

Also what is the parking like in Paphos is it free? and if driving what should i be carefull of if anything.

I think thats all but if anyone has any info that might help, please feel free thanks to all that reply and really looking forward to my hols.

thanks Bob essex

11 replies to this topic
Bracknell, United...
1. Re: First time to cyprus help please!

Hi Bob, I cannot answer your questions about where you are staying as I have not stayed in that location.

As for the plugs, they are the same as the UK so you won't need any adapter. As for the water I have drank it out of the taps when forgot to get any bottled water and it was ok but I will get bottled water for the fridge.

As for getting your Euros, I tend to take mine with me although I am led to believe that there is some kiosks around the harbour that exchanges pounds for euros but at what rate at present I don't know.

Sorry I cannot be more helpfull but I am sure you will have a fantastic time.

Cheers

Ian.

Gosport, United...
reviews: 27
2. Re: First time to cyprus help please!

On the security aspect the main poster on the following link lives on Secret Valley. You might find the thread interesting...

http://www.cyprusliving.org/phpbb/nfphpbb/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=46490&hilit=secret+valley

The following thread may be useful for some of your other questions...

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g190384-i9212-k5…

And if you type Secret Valley into the SEARCH box at the top of this page then quite a lot of previous threads will appear. When the Search results appear change the 'Sort by' box on the right hand side of the page from 'Relevance' to 'Date', and the most recent threads will jump to the top of the list.

Gosport, United...
reviews: 27
3. Re: First time to cyprus help please!

Oops - the first link in #2 didn't work. I'll try again...

cyprusliving.org/phpbb/nfphpbb/viewtopic.php…

Banbury, UK
reviews: 13
4. Re: First time to cyprus help please!

There is a flippin' sticky about tap water on the right hand side of the page!

Under "Top questions about Paphos"

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka, Limassol, Cyprus
reviews: 72
5. Re: First time to cyprus help please!

Hi, for your taxi book online before you go have a look at goairporttransfers we use them and find them reasonable, clean cars and polite drivers.

I don't know about changing cash in Secret Valley as it is a rural area , but you usually get a better rate in shops or kiosks you may have to drive into Paphos or Limassol. ATMs again I do not know but if you take a short drive to Pissouri there is one in the bay near the Columbia hotel. and a couple more in the top village. Julie

Chester, United...
reviews: 12
6. Re: First time to cyprus help please!

Just returned from Coral Bay Paphos & our villa was broken in to as we slept - they had a key to let themselves in !!! The neighbours were broken in to in the same way on the same night...

We had booked through a travel company & had a rep who was really helpful but it totally spoilt our week long holiday.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
reviews: 134
7. Re: First time to cyprus help please!

Parking is free in Paphos or certainly was the last time we drove there. There is a large car park by the harbour.

scotland
reviews: 35
8. Re: First time to cyprus help please!

I am booking a villa to coral bay and I am worried regarding the burglaries. Is this common in villas? Need to know I can go on holiday and feel safe for my child and us when sleeping??

London, United...
reviews: 5
9. Re: First time to cyprus help please!

Charmer,

I stayed in a villa in coral bay last year and never heard of any burglaries. We always felt safe and secure.

Jim

worcs
reviews: 25
10. Re: First time to cyprus help please!

Hi,

Do you know that is a real shame. We have an apartment in Paphos and although we are not out there that much we haven't heard of break in's as such as you have experienced. You only have to look at the lack of police patrols to know that it is a fairly safe area. Don't be put off by this for the majority must people have a happy care free time

Reply to: First time to cyprus help please!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted