We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pathos Booked!! Please convnce me!!!

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
128 posts
8 reviews
Pathos Booked!! Please convnce me!!!

Usually go to Lanzarote early May and always enjoy but going as a family with our three small grandchildren so wanted to go somewhere famly friendly. Have chosen the Avanti village, but still having doubts about Paphos itself as have read that tourism really down there at the mo. Although dont want r busy would like a bit of life, wth nice restaurants.. Please convince me I have done the rght thing as was my choice. Went to Turkey last year n July and was just too hot and was unable to enjoy. Have also noticed that some areas nicer than others. The harbour sounds nice, is the Avanti qute near

London, United...
Level Contributor
867 posts
47 reviews
1. Re: Pathos Booked!! Please convnce me!!!

The Avanti would be about 20 minutes stroll from the harbour, with plenty of shops, bars, restaurants, etc. on the way. Once past the Annebelle (I think it is) you can walk alongside the beach/sea. The weather looks very pleasant:

If you don't want to walk, there are plenty of buses along that road to the Harbour Bus Station. Adult fares are 1euro per trip, or 3 euros for a day ticket (valid to about 11pm). Sorry, I've no idea about childrens' fares.

I don't know what you mean by "Have also noticed that some areas nicer than others.", though I wonder if there are comments about restaurants, transport, etc. in some areas. While I can only speak for the "tourist" areas, everywhere we went looked very pleasant.

I'm sure you'll have a great time : just read this forum regularly, it'll give you an idea of what's happening over there.

Kent, England
Level Contributor
740 posts
39 reviews
2. Re: Pathos Booked!! Please convnce me!!!

We stayed at the Avanti hotel for a few days last October. and would be happy to return with or without the grandchildren. The vilage is next door and we had a look round whilst there, it is more family orientated.

The Avanti is in a good location, not too far from the harbour, the sea is across the road and there is a nice walkway along with some beach areas to get in the sea.There are lots of nice restaurants near to the Avanti, you won't have trouble eating out. Les Amis was one of our favourites. Temperatures should be ideal for the kids, not too hot. We've been in April with the grandchildren and they've been in the pool and sea,too cold for me, and there were enough places open even then, to enjoy the resort.

We did hire a car whist there, and took them out to Corallia Beach a couple of times (far end of Coral Bay) which was a great success. Our grandson declared it was paradise, which we thought was a bit of an exaggeration,

but the name has stuck in our house!

They also enjoyed a trip to the Paphos bird and animal park, if you pick a day when it's cool. I'm sure you will all have a good time, try not to worry, I know the feeling of being responsible for choosing as it usually falls to me.

Level Contributor
295 posts
3. Re: Pathos Booked!! Please convnce me!!!

If I were looking for a child-friendly, self-catering complex in Paphos the Avanti Village would be top of my list! It's a wonderful complex, I just spent a few minutes looking on Google to remind me of how nice it is:

In early May the temperatures are almost the same as Lanzarote, here's a link to the average temperatures for comparison:

The coastal path that John mentions now goes all the way along the beach front opposite the Avanti so you can walk all the way down to the Harbour, a very pleasant walk.

I would not worry too much, I think you'll enjoy yourself.

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,331 posts
37 reviews
4. Re: Pathos Booked!! Please convnce me!!!

As well as asking questions, and perhaps only get one or two answers, it's also worth using the SEARCH facility on the forum. It's at the top of this page.

All you have to do is type in a key-word and press Return. You'll get a list of all old postings that contain the key-word.

If you want to put those old postings into date order, with the most recent at the the top, then at the top of list to the right there's a drop down menu called Search By. You'll see the word 'Relevence'. Change that to 'Date', and it'll put everything into date order.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
512 posts
104 reviews
5. Re: Pathos Booked!! Please convnce me!!!

Hopefully you will not be disappointed with your choice. We went back to Paphos in Oct 2012 after a 5 year break. Although some areas are obviously suffering from the economic downturn (Bar Street especially ......but that would be no great loss) many of the restaurants we enjoyed remain as previous. Les Amis...Adelaida...Michaels Taverna..Porto Bella. There are many others to suit all tastes. See the restaurants tab on this page.

The front and the harbour are enjoyable to walk along and we found the atmosphere friendly and lively. The weather in October was very warm in the day and pleasant at night.We went to Troodos Mountains ,Coral Bay ,Pissouri and Aphrodite's Baths for trips out by car. Had a good time overall.

It convinced us to re-book for May & October 2013.

Enjoy your holiday

Level Contributor
484 posts
6. Re: Pathos Booked!! Please convnce me!!!

May is a good time the weather is brill. First went there ten years ago got hooked, ended up buying our own place and now visit several times a year

7. Re: Pathos Booked!! Please convnce me!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:44 am, July 15, 2014
Level Contributor
128 posts
8 reviews
8. Re: Pathos Booked!! Please convnce me!!!

Thankyou to all of you who have made me feel so much happier now, Really appreciate you answering my question. Can now look forward to a nice family holiday with m y three lovely grandchildren.

Level Contributor
147 posts
41 reviews
9. Re: Pathos Booked!! Please convnce me!!!

Avanti Village is first class and you will have a great time. Been going to Paphos twice a year for the last 8 years. Great restaurants and weather will be nice in May. Enjoy

10. Re: Pathos Booked!! Please convnce me!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 07, 2014