We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paphos - bargain holiday

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
scotland
reviews: 1
Paphos - bargain holiday

Hi any suggestions for getting a good deal for holiday to Paphos in October.

UK
11. Re: Paphos - bargain holiday

Just had a look at the price of 1 week self catering in Oct (13th) with Olympic Holidays flying from Glasgow.

Hilltop Gardens - £1231

Kefalonitis Apartments - £1296

I think Paphos Gardens would be another option, next door to the Aloe that Barbara mentioned @ £1322

Also if you put your own holiday together.

2 flights from Glasgow to Paphos with Jet2 are £742 plus baggage.

return taxi transfer from Paphos to the resort (www.suntransfers.com) 54 Euros

1 week at a nice private apartment (Limnaria Gardens is my personal choice, just around the corner from Paphos Gardens) £250-£300 for the week.

Total: £1100-£1200

Here's a few links for apartments at Limnaria Gardens:

www.holidaylettings.co.uk/limnaria-gardens/

www.limnaria-gardens.com

paphos-holiday-rental.co.uk/limnaria-gardens/

If you like the sun then blocks C and D are where you want to be as they have a Southerly aspect.

Good luck with your search, for a first visit to Cyprus there are a bewildering choice of apartments and hotels to choose from.

scotland
12. Re: Paphos - bargain holiday

Thanks for all your replies and thanks for taking the trouble to price flights etc. Just going to have a look at the websites. Much appreciated. I will probably be back in touch with some more questions.

scotland
13. Re: Paphos - bargain holiday

GaryGriffiths Thanks for your reply and all your prices. Much appreciated. Have you stayed at either Hilltop Gardens or Kefalonitis Apartments. Just wondering what they are like ie cleanliness, pool size, hot water etc., situation to the beach. Thanks for any info

UK
14. Re: Paphos - bargain holiday

Sorry I've not stayed at either the Hilltop Gardens of Kefalonitis apartments, I prefer to be closer to the Kato Paphos tourist area around the Aloe/Paphos Gardens/Alexander-the-Great area.

The Trip Advisor reviews for both are above average:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g190384-d2358…

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g190384-d3152…

as is the Paphos Gardens:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g190384-d2867…

I've stayed at the Apollonia Apartments in the past which are a firm favourite on Trip Advisor. Good clean accommodation, very well located for walking into the tourist area although at the price I'd probably look elsewhere now.

http://www.apolloniacy.com/

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g190384-d6102…

For value for money I would go with swfc2455's suggestion of putting your own holiday together. Paphos is an easy destination to get to, the airport is only 15km away and a pre-booked taxi is straight-forward, they will be holding a sign up with you name on it as you exit the arrivals hall, 20 minutes later you'll be at your apartment.

The beaches in Paphos aren't what you've been used to in Turkey so you'll probably want to take the bus or hire a car (www.EconomyCarRentals.co.uk are good value for money) to visit Coral Bay/Corallia Beach which are better beaches. Expect to pay around 10-12 Euros for a couple of sunbeds and a parasol.

Lincoln
reviews: 61
15. Re: Paphos - bargain holiday

Hi, I think the Kefalonitis is on The Tombs of the Kings road, so very handy for buses, restaurants etc, where as the Hilltop is set back and probably isn't quite as convienient. I haven't been to either but would probably choose the Kefalonitis. Barbara

scotland
16. Re: Paphos - bargain holiday

Thanks for all your replies, very helpful. Looking at considering building my own holiday. Any suggestions for transfers which are reliable. Thanks once again

UK
17. Re: Paphos - bargain holiday

If I'm booking a taxi I usually use Sun Transfers www.suntransfers.com who are cheaper than the local taxis at Paphos airport.

Rocky is also reliable: http://www.iwantataxicyprus.com

There is a bus service from the aiport which is very cheap, can't remember whether it's 1 Euro or 3 Euros, however if it's your first time you might want the peace of mind of a taxi taking you directly to your chosen accomodation.

I believe the Adriana apartments you mentioned in your other thread are on in the Universal District and probably just a little too far away from the beach and tourist area to walk on a daily basis so a car would probably be a good idea for them.

The Sirena Sunrise apartments are just in the start of the Universal District and are much closer to the tourist area so maybe a consderation but I think they're all 2 bedroom apartments which means paying for a bedroom you don't need.

holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/…283554

As I mentioned above Limnaria Gardens is a good option it is very close to the tourist area (just up the road from the Alexander the Great hotel) and around 300m from the municipal beach.

Here's a few links for them:

http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/search_results.asp?specific_location_vchar=limnaria+gardens&action.x=40&action.y=6&action=search&class=advanced&location_level_id_vchar=0-0%7CAll+locations&arrival_offset_int=-1

www.holidaylettings.co.uk/limnaria-gardens/

There is also Limnaria Westpark which is next door to Limnaria Gardens and is even closer to the beach/tourist area:

www.paphos-holiday-rental.co.uk/view/91/

Here's link to a photo showing the relative locations of Limnaria Villas, Limnaria Gardens and Limnaria West Park:

paphos-cyprus-vacation.co.uk/pages/limnaria_…

paphos-cyprus-vacation.co.uk/images/Limnaria…

Sheffield, United...
reviews: 83
18. Re: Paphos - bargain holiday

Hi

You may find that the owners of any property you consider renting will advise you of transfer options. We were given this but eventually chose to hire a car for the duration....car to be picked up & then dropped off at Paphos Airport. Cost wise was not much different and we were then mobile for the holiday.

As mentioned if you in a property close to the bus route it is only 1E each but depends on flight times etc.....again 'owners' tend to be fully versed on all options.

Good luck and hope you get sorted.

Banchory, United...
reviews: 8
19. Re: Paphos - bargain holiday

Hi I would also recommend limnaria gardens we have stayed there on 2 previous occasions and are booked again for this year.

Taxi transfers are cheaper if you pre book we did this last year through Cyprus lettings who we booked accommodation through! On previous occasions we have just gotten a taxi from taxi rank at airport!

Sunkissshell

scotland
20. Re: Paphos - bargain holiday

Thanks for all your replies you have been very helpful. Just working costs out now. May come back with some more questions.

Get answers to your questions about Paphos