We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

price comparison

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wigan
reviews: 13
price comparison

Just booked for next Oct,just wondering how Cyprus compares to tenerife for prices for food & drink.

Lincoln
reviews: 57
1. Re: price comparison

Hi my neighbours go to Tenerife every year and from what they tell me I think it is cheaper there than in Cyprus. We went to Turkey in May and it was cheaper but we still went back to Cyprus in September as we do love it there. There are bars and restaurants with good deals so you may have to do a bit of research before you go. Where are you staying, then people on this forum will advise you on the best places to eat and drink. Barbara

Stockport, United...
reviews: 12
2. Re: price comparison

Have to agree prices are a lot dearer than Spain and the Canaries...they are on par with english prices....

wigan
3. Re: price comparison

At the moment I have only booked the flights,we fly to Paphos,will sort accomadation later in year.Any advice on where to stay would be handy.Thanks wilco64

Gosport, United...
reviews: 27
4. Re: price comparison

What board? Budget? Children? Hiring a car? Close to a bus route? Any specific interests?

Bilton Rugby
reviews: 50
5. Re: price comparison

We were in Paphos in June stayed at the Kefalonitis Apartments basic but nice and we found the prices to eat out cheaper than in Protoras last year. And better places to eat...

London, United...
reviews: 47
6. Re: price comparison

Wilco64, it really does depend on which factors are the most important to you.

A good beach, a small articial beach, or don't care?

Plenty of sunbeds, even if most are on grass?

Town centre, on a bus route, easy car parking?

B&B, half board, all inclusive?

Handy for the north or the east?

Organised activities?

All of these make a difference to what people can recommend. Personally, we were extremely happy at the Kefalos Village Beach Resort. Which had:

A small artificial beach, with platforms and stairs into the sea.

Plenty of sunbeds, mainly on the grass (this was late September)

A lovely walk alongside the sea to the harbour.

B&B or half board. Or B&B and buy dinner when you feel like it.

First or second pick up on excursions to the east.

Very well equipped apartments, kept spotlessly clean.

Any problems in the apartment, maintenance staff come out very quickly.

If you stay on the site, plenty going on during the day, if you want to join in.

Entertainment in the evening by the same team (they work hard!).

On the minus side, the walk to the main road can get a bit tedious, and the buses in both directions can be packed outIt's the first time we've stayed anywhere like that, and we were delighted with the place.

wigan
7. Re: price comparison

Just me and the wife.both in our forties,any kind of board,we want near to a beach,and a bit lively.plenty of sun beds.

Edited: 12:48 pm, December 12, 2012
London, United...
reviews: 47
8. Re: price comparison

To be honest, the beach is probably the weak point of the Kefalos. It's about 20 feet wide, and (I think) made of sand over concrete or earth. It's fine for lying on a sunbed on, or walking down to the sea for a paddle. it's very clean, and seems to be raked every morning. There are hundreds of photos on the review pages, so you can judge for yourself.

And since the beach faces west, the sunsets are spectacular.

Now... a "bit lively".... There's plenty going on during the day, such as boules, archery and pool aerobics. In the evening, there's a quiz, bingo and then entertainment. The shows are enjoyable, and a couple of the team are extremely good. (I'm not saying the others are bad, but two do stand out).

The Tomb of the Kings Road is 5-10 minutes stroll away, with plenty of restaurants, as well as bars offering various types of entertainment.

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka, Limassol, Cyprus
reviews: 72
9. Re: price comparison

Hi, wlko64,look at evry website you an think of for.accomadation.

Oympic

lowcostholidays

bookcyprus

travel republic

you usually get some good deals around boxing day,

wigan
10. Re: price comparison

Thanks for all the info.