We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tobacco price increase.

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dumfries, United...
reviews: 21
Tobacco price increase.

Just read elsewhere,that the price of tobacco,beer etc has risen dramatically.Rolling tobacco has seemingly doubled in price.This aint good news for a lot of tourists who enjoy their beer and a smoke.Not looking for a smoking / non smoking slanging war on here,just passing on what I read.

Emsworth, United...
reviews: 9
1. Re: Tobacco price increase.

Hi, we went October and tobacco/Cigarette prices are about half price when compared with UK (so not as cheap as Greece for example). We smoke Drum White and bought it all separately (all was fine, although a little dry). As for beer, it seems pretty similarly priced to the UK, but we did find places that were charging 2 euros for a pint - others 2 for half a pint. It will not take you long to find your own places. There is a little bar across the road from the Venus Hotel on Tomb of the KIng's Road (sorry, I don't know its name), and they were selling beer at 2 euros a pint. The food was also plentiful and cheap - they served both English and some Greek food. Seemed to be popular with Brits who were staying all inclusive at Venus! Hope this helps.

Limassol, Cyprus
reviews: 37
2. Re: Tobacco price increase.

There's an article here from the Cyprus Mail (online version of the English newspaper) which explains the price increases on cigarettes and alcohol.

cyprus-mail.com/austerity/…20121207

All stuff which is affected after the Troika bailout talks....

3. Re: Tobacco price increase.

We are in Paphos at the moment, and the price of tobacco has more than doubled while we have been here, same everywhere...200g Golden Virginia was 24 euros last week now 52 euros....not happy...

Dumfries, United...
reviews: 21
4. Re: Tobacco price increase.

52 Euros for old stock too.Doubling their money even before the increase comes in officially. Good bye to the ciggie runs.

Kyrenia, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Kyrenia
reviews: 22
5. Re: Tobacco price increase.

Which in turn means the Customs at the Green line will be stepping up searches 200g Golden Virginia here, £10.

Sheffield, United...
reviews: 84
6. Re: Tobacco price increase.

Unfortunately , smokers , drinkers,motorists are volume consumers and easy targets for raising extra revenue for governments that fast squander all our 'tax' payments on a whole variety of corrupt or failed policies.

As a non-smoker you have my sympathy but please keep buying your cigs as in a round about way it means I probably pay less in other ways

Muir of Ord...
7. Re: Tobacco price increase.

can you tell. Me the price of golden Virginia tobacco in phaphos ,

Hawick, United...
reviews: 18
8. Re: Tobacco price increase.

When i was there in August it was 41 euro for 200 ciggies( UK Brand ) , what price are they now !!!!!!

Hawick, United...
reviews: 18
9. Re: Tobacco price increase.

ha ha i have just realised that this is a post from 2012.

Elizabeth F have you made the same mistake as me ??

10. Re: Tobacco price increase.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, November 02, 2014