We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Duty Free

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
reviews: 70
Duty Free

Duty free is an important part of our holiday. Does anyone have an opinion on whether its cheaper to buy in local Supermarket (and if so any particular one) or at Pathos airport. Interested in whiskey & gin

Thanks JC

1. Re: Duty Free

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:45 pm, October 29, 2012
Banbury, UK
reviews: 13
2. Re: Duty Free

Pathos airport? It's not that bad!!

Neither spirit has been cheap enough in either of your two options to tempt me to buy it to bring home.

Edited: 5:16 am, May 04, 2012
Banbury, UK
reviews: 13
3. Re: Duty Free

I suppose in some (southern) English dialects Paphos/Pafos and Pathos would sound the same when spoken, so an easy mistake to make.

4. Re: Duty Free

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:45 pm, October 29, 2012
Wigan, United...
reviews: 50
5. Re: Duty Free

I don't know Paphos airport as I fly into Larnaca where they do on occasions have special offers in arrivals and departures: 2 bottles for the price of one but unless there are offers I find it cheaper to buy in the resort. Airport prices are generally expensive, perfumes, lotions etc are cheaper in John Lewis or Boots back in the UK.

Birtley, United...
reviews: 15
6. Re: Duty Free

hi

I buy mine in the airport before we go out as there is normally special offers on the perfumes, i don't buy anything at paphos airport, the prices are really high and you can buy much cheaper at home as kath says.

chesterfield
reviews: 3
7. Re: Duty Free

Go to the Paphos Market where there are several little stores selling alcohol - and much cheaper than airport prices.

norfolk
reviews: 2
8. Re: Duty Free

If you enjoy Cyprus Keo Brandy, it is always cheaper to buy it at Larnaca or Paphos airports on departure. Another advantage is, it won't form part of your weight allowance.

Keo and Carlsberg beers are cheaper to buy in the resort but would have to be put in your hold baggage.

HUDDERSFIELD
reviews: 11
9. Re: Duty Free

Paphos airport used to be really cheap but now it is really expensive - cheaper for cosmetics and perfumes at home, but spirits are the cheapest at Theos across from Debenhams in Paphos.

Scotland
reviews: 23
10. Re: Duty Free

I usually buy a bottle of Three Kings(?) Brandy and a few Keo Beers from the fridge in the Shop in the Arrivals Baggage Reclaim area ; to fire straight into the fridge at our Apt on arrival!!

I have found that, generally, the prices at Paphos Airport have been very close to Paphos Town prices; it also will not cost "Excess Baggage Charges".

Once you are through "Check in" and Security; purchases made will be treated as cabin baggage.

For you "Reekers", there have been complaints about "Branded" Cigarettes and Tobacco being purchased at "markets / cavas that have been found to be counterfeit on return to the UK. If you pay that 'wee bit extra' at the Airport; youll get the genuine article!

Edited: 4:34 pm, May 16, 2012