We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Central hotel

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stockport
reviews: 1
Central hotel

I'm thinking of going to Paphos June/July and am looking for a central hotel, near the harbour/main streets. I'm a bit overwhelmed by the choice and reviews - a lot of the hotels seem to be a bus ride away from the centre but I'd like to be in walking distance to make it easy to go out at night.

I'd like a hotel suitable for young couples (my husband and I are mid twenties) although I realise that there'll be kids about at that time of year, 4 star (or a good 3 star!)

Any suggestions or guidelines of where the hotels are would be really useful, thanks!

Liverpool
reviews: 8
1. Re: Central hotel

Hi try the Aquamare, that is a hotel / apt 4* newly built and would take you about 10-15 mins to walk to harbour main seafront, all bar shops down streets opposite Mick

Stockport
reviews: 1
2. Re: Central hotel

Thanks for the suggestion, I've just read some reviews and they sound good, however they mention that it's a 30/40 min walk and that the bus stop is outside. Are they just slow walkers as they do mention that it's quiet and out of the centre.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
reviews: 182
3. Re: Central hotel

Hi,

Athena Royal Beach is nice; adults only, bus stop virtually outside the hotel (run every few mins) or you can walk (about 20 mins) into Paphos.

There are restaurants & bars all the way into Paphos, as well as "the triangle" (see another post with that title) where one can find eateries.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g190384-i9212-k165…

Regards

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
reviews: 182
4. Re: Central hotel

P.S. Meant to say plz click on my name to read review.

Regards

Birtley, United...
reviews: 15
5. Re: Central hotel

Hi,

Aquamare is about 30 - 40 mins to the harbour thats not slow walking, plenty of bars nearby from the hotel.

St Helens, United...
Destination Expert
for Paphos
reviews: 7
6. Re: Central hotel

The Aquamare is 2 miles from the harbour and in June/July there is no way you could walk it in 10-15 mins.

You may find this map useful to check on the location of hotels:

holiday2cyprus.co.uk/paphos_hotels_map.htm

You'll find the Aquamare between the Cypria and Paphian Bay.

Scotland
7. Re: Central hotel

I can recommend the Avanti,in a great position next to the triangle for when you can't be bothered walking anywhere but only a 15 minute walk to the harbour.Also have a look at Alexander the Great which is closer to the harbour and has loads of bars and restaurants across the road.If money is no object then go for the Paphos Amathus.

cardiff
reviews: 19
8. Re: Central hotel

just wanted to reiterate that the aquamare is anything but 15 minutes to the harbour. the person who wrote that must have been under the influence of something if he managed that. ben johnson on steroids couldnt do it! the other reply saying its about 40 minutes is far more accurate. if you were considering the aquanare or something that far out my personal recommendation would be the athena beach which is a hundred times nicer in every way than the aquamare. ive stayed in both.the alexander the great and the aloe are much closer on the same road out from the harbour to the "tourist area".they are the closest 4 star hotels to the harbour and very close to bar street and the restaurants etc.

newcastle
reviews: 7
9. Re: Central hotel

Have a look at the Porto Paphos its a small hotel overlooking the harbour - I havent stayed there but it looks like it has been recently refurbished

England
10. Re: Central hotel

Portopafos as Cazza has said could be exactly what you are looking for. Have had a drink in the bar (balcony overlooking the sea) and it has been recently refurbished. It is very central and is suitable for young couples. No activities for kids and as a smaller hotel with no kids clubs etc I really cant imagine families with with young 'uns going there

I would say it is a good three star and more importantly it has air conditioning!