We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exceptional Villa Rental and service

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Holland, Michigan
reviews: 3
Exceptional Villa Rental and service

Recently returned from a weeklong visit to Paphos, Cyprus and wanted to put in some recommendations and comments. We looked at many options for our stay including both hotels and villa rentals. Cyprus has many types of both and the trying to choose was difficult. Since we were staying for a week and we are a family of four, I decided that the hotel option was going to be a bit pricey. I researched many of the villa options…there is no shortage of those available…and inquired of several. The first to reply to my inquiries was Theanan Seaview Villas. The Villas are located a short distance from Paphos on the southwest side of the island. The website contained quite a bit of info and the owners were eager and quick to answer any questions we had. I will also say that this superb customer service attitude continued when we arrived. I am still waiting for replies from some of the other villas I sent inquiries to!

The description of the accommodations and the pictures on site were accurate. There are 7 available with the owners living onsite as well. All have a great sea view and a short drive to Coral Bay beach or a nice evening walk to the Sea Caves area. Upon our arrival, there was a welcome hamper of foodstuffs to get us started. Thea met with us soon after our arrival to give us some info on the area, discount vouchers and to see if we needed anything special. I had asked in advance of our arrival if she could find any info on horse riding and sea fishing, both of which she had found and also had obtained discounts for us. She made all the calls for us when we decided on timing and also to the pleasure of my wife, lined up an excellent spa nearby for her pampering needs.

Our villa, Villa Lefki, was perfect. It was clean and well maintained. All the needed cutlery, pots, and pans etc were there and with several supermarkets nearby. I recommend taking Thea’s advice on using the supermarket in nearby Pegia, as it had the best selection and best prices. The pool was maintained daily. AC was included in the rental cost. Many villas wanted to add that on as an extra. They were already near the least expensive anyway – probably because you are booking through the owners direct and not an agent. I had the time to drive around (a car is a necessity) and saw many of the villas I had on my short list and came away very pleased with my choice. A few bore little relation to their website photos. Theanan is close enough to all the amenities yet away from the hordes of beachside tourists.

There were many restaurants nearby and also the short 15 min drive to Paphos town provided many more. I found prices overall, to be high even for a tourist area but quality and service was usually good. The tavernas seem to provide the best local food choices, but since my children are sometimes less than adventurous in their eating habits, we stayed mostly to the mainstream restaurants. Of those, the best was about 2 km from the villa. Goose Fat & Garlic, while expensive even for the area, was nothing short of superb. The food was excellent, presented well and service was the best I have had in several years. The staff was pleasant, very helpful, and knowledgeable. We were treated like family from the first time we entered. Meal for four including wine and tip ran about 75 CY pounds. Kids chose Fat Mama’s in Paphos for their fav. The biggest serving of ribs I have ever seen! Other excellent choices were Phuket (Thai), Sienna (Italian/Greek), and the Almond Tree (interesting fusion of Greek/Asian/American).Try the Key West Crab cakes with Thai coconut green curry sauce. The owner/ head chef lived in Miami for several years before returning to Cyprus.

There are plenty of activities around especially for the kids. We visited the Bird and Animal Park and Snake George Reptile Park both of which are quite close and the kids had a great time. The Snake Park may have to move soon and hopefully they will find some suitable land nearby. It is the same old ‘not in my backyard” attitude that many locales have, but George provides both a fine tourist site and more importantly excellent conservation services. He even rediscovered a snake native to Cyprus that was considered extinct for 40+ yrs. A day’s drive into the Toodhos Mountains to see the frescoed churches and the views is also worthwhile. Take a picnic lunch and visit the Caledonia Falls near Pliatres. It is a short 1 km walk from the Trout Farm entrance and the highest waterfall on the island.

All told, we had a great time and highly recommend Cyprus for a vacation trip. We even more highly recommend Theanan Seaview Villas as the place to stay, for comfort, view, and locale and most importantly for friendly service.

Don

Holland, Michigan
reviews: 3
1. Re: Exceptional Villa Rental and service

There are Cyprus pics on my profile

St Helens, United...
Destination Expert
for Paphos
reviews: 7
2. Re: Exceptional Villa Rental and service

Hi Don - thanks for taking the time to write. I was interested to hear your review and recommendations and view your photos. It sounds as though you were well looked after by the owners of the villa.

Wigan, United...
reviews: 50
3. Re: Exceptional Villa Rental and service

Thanks for such a good contribution to the forums site - just what we need. Although I have spent most of my time on the eastern side of the island I am looking to have a split holiday at some time, one week on the western side and the other on the east so will definitely keep a note of your recommendations.

4. Re: Exceptional Villa Rental and service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, September 02, 2009