We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Akamas by car?

Wrexham, United...
reviews: 2
Akamas by car?

We are off to Cyprus next week and have hired a car rather than 4x4 and I am now reading you really need a 4x4 to visit both Akamas and Troodos mountains - we were planning to visit both of these areas - how possible is this with a "normal" car?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
reviews: 34
1. Re: Akamas by car?

I can't speak for Akamas but you can certainly visit Troodos by 'normal' car, we do so nearly ecery time we visit.

Of course you can go off road but the roads to and from Troodos are good.

Sutton Coldfield...
reviews: 15
2. Re: Akamas by car?

I personally would not attempt to go into the Akamas in an ordinary car and if you check your insurance you will not be covered to go off the tarmac roads. You may need to take out extra insurance with some hire companies even if you do hire a 4x4 and intend to venture off the tarmac (check the small print). When we visited Lara beach we did see a number of ordinary salons but not for me the way they were avoiding the pot holes.

Cardiff, United...
3. Re: Akamas by car?

We had a 4x4 to explore Akamas and to get us to the Blue Lagoon .... You really do need a 4x4 with the correct insurance , there were a few landrover safaris there so that's an option for you as I'm sure it starts in Paphos , lots of folk on quad bikes and beach buggies which seemed fun but really dusty ! Have fun .

Sutton Coldfield...
reviews: 15
4. Re: Akamas by car?

Total respect for that venture, we tried to get to the Blue Lagoon but bottled it half way, it is not even a road. Going to try and get there next year but this time it will be quad bikes for the day.

5. Re: Akamas by car?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 18, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Latchi