We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook Check in

Which Larnaka hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dherynia, Cyprus
reviews: 7
Thomas Cook Check in

Little warning for you. Checking in at Larnaca airport yesterday. 10 check in desks for our flight(s). So far so good. However, 3 not staffed and of the remaining 7, 3 were for priority booking only. End result, huge queue for the standard check in, and absolutely no-one using the priority booking desks.

45 minute wait in uncomfortable heat while 3 check in operators sat and twiddled their thumbs. I asked a TC rep if it wouldn't make more sense to have at least 2 of the priority staff man the normal desks but he said it wasn't up to him. We could of-course use the priority desk for a fee of £10 per person.

Tried to email TC this morning but "due to an upgrade we can't email them for 2 weeks". So next best thing - a bit of a vent on here to highlight a cynical money making scheme which actually backfired on them as thankfully no-one in the queue would take the bait.

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka, Limassol, Cyprus
reviews: 74
1. Re: Thomas Cook Check in

We had that problem last month, Hermes staff would not let people check in until dead on two hours before the flight, even though the girls were sat at the desk good job we were first in the queue they were so slow good job we never had a sun or wed flight going through security was just as slow. I was mad as I had booked the lounge as a surprise for my husband part of his birthday pressie. In the end we had the lounge for one hour as we had to be at EJs departure gate 30 minutes before take off.Julie

Kent, England
reviews: 36
2. Re: Thomas Cook Check in

We had the same experience as you last Wednesday except we were flying with Monarch. We were over an hour in a very slow moving queue, tempers were getting very frayed as it was hot in there as well. We had already been delayed by the closure of the motorway in the forest fire, so was quite a stressful experience. Not sure what these airlines think they will achieve, apart from making a few extra quid from the "priority" queue, everyone else seemed totally cheesed off about it.

3. Re: Thomas Cook Check in

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 24, 2014