We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire - Advice needed????

Which Larnaka hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 14
Car Hire - Advice needed????

Hi

Can anyone suggest a good car hire company that offers fairly reasonable rates and you can collect from Larnaca airport and that wont scam you once you hand the car back...I have seen conflicting reports on the web regarding many agencies in Cyprus and don't really know who to book with. Many advise that a shuttle bus to collect the car is required but I would rather just collect from the terminal and head off on my holiday

Newcastle upon...
reviews: 2
1. Re: Car Hire - Advice needed????

Hello - I use http://www.carrentals.co.uk/ and pre-book my cars to pick up at the airport. I have never had any hassle whatsoever and used different companies but they are always based at the airport and chosen through this website. This gives you the opportunity to compare and contrast and get a car with the options you need and leave out the rest. You certainly don't need a shuttle bus as the hire cars are just outside the airport. Hope you have a great holiday :)

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
reviews: 112
2. Re: Car Hire - Advice needed????

I did reply to your other thread a couple of days ago asking the same question

tripadvisor.co.uk/…50248429

I used these guys this month www.lowpricecypruseconomycarrentals.com they're the agents in Larnaca for Easy Car Rental based in Paphos. They were absolutely excellent, the service before, during and after the rental couldn't have been better or gone smoother. They have the best fuel policy, YOU choose, full and return full or half a tank and return the same or pay the fuel used and bring back as empty as possible. Very fair. We had a great Nissan Note that was spotless and in great condition. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. They'll also accommodate any requests........drop them an email from their website, they reply really quickly.

I had the car for 3 weeks with no issues and will be using them in the future as it was hassle free

Larnaka, Cyprus
reviews: 32
3. Re: Car Hire - Advice needed????

You can try Sure Drive car rentals in Larnaca. They offer free delivery to the Larnaca Airport 24/7, fair price and good service.

Vavla
reviews: 1
4. Re: Car Hire - Advice needed????

economycarrentals is used by a lot of our visitors... not the newest cars but a good price and they include an extra driver and CDW in the price

Addis Ababa...
reviews: 64
5. Re: Car Hire - Advice needed????

WE USED AVIS AND WERE NOT IMPRESSED. As you enter the arrivals hall from your flight there is a sign to the car rental counters. AVIS is not there. They are in a 'cabin' at the other end of the hall. The was no-one there just a piece of paper with a local phone number to ring and a group of confused travellers. I called the number and was told to go upstairs to take a shuttle bus to the car compund; (Why could they not just put that on the notice?). At the compound I was given a different car to the one I had reserved, (OK, I know the site always says 'or similar'). this 'or similar' was at least 6 years old (it has dated stickers under the hood) and had a large scratch down the side - which was noted - and a broken radio control - which was not. (Once on the road I found that the mileage counter didn't work). The car was fitted with extra seats which took up a lot of trunk space and which I didn't need so I asked for them to be removed. After a quick look they said they could not be removed. When we got to our destination I took both of them out in under a minute meaning the AVIS staff were either incompetent or couldn't care less, or both. On top of that you are charged for a full tank of petrol (which wasn't quite full) and told to bring it back empty. How are you supposed to drive on a empty tank? There is also a surcharge for renting from the airport even though they are off site. I've rented from AVIS for over 35 years and never been disappointeed - until now.

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 10
6. Re: Car Hire - Advice needed????

I second the vote for the Larnaca agent of Easy Car Rentals. I got exactly what I booked, paid exactly what I was quoted, and had excellent delivery and drop off service. I highly recommend booking through Christos.

UK
Destination Expert
7. Re: Car Hire - Advice needed????

ctee, nice to know someone else is a fan. They really are excellent and we definitely won't use anyone else now. 4 cars from Chris this year for us and friends alike and no problems at all.

8. Re: Car Hire - Advice needed????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 pm, November 12, 2013
Edited: 5:35 pm, November 12, 2013
Israel
reviews: 15
9. Re: Car Hire - Advice needed????

Hi to ctee and misschief1-- The Chris or Christos that you mention.. would that be the same Christos Vrakas of LOWPRICECYPRUSECONOMYCARRENTALS.COM? We reserved a car with Mr Vrakas for Christmas, and I would feel more confident if I can confirm that this is the same person to whom you gave such good reviews. Thanks

UK
Destination Expert
10. Re: Car Hire - Advice needed????

Yes vn, see the link in my 1st reply..............same as yours. So, yes the Christos is the same guy who I deal with. Can't recommend them enough

Edited: 5:45 am, November 26, 2013