We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Larnaca for a day

Which Larnaka hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Haifa, Israel
reviews: 5
Larnaca for a day

Hello, we are getting married in Larnaca this June. We need to arrive at 9:30 in Municipal Town Offices, 38 Avenue Athenon. Our flight lands at 8:00. Google Maps doesn't recognize the address. I read there is an airport shuttle to Larnaca. How long does it take to Larnaca? Where do you get off? and how do you get from there to the offices?

Thank you so much!!

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka, Limassol, Cyprus
reviews: 72
1. Re: Larnaca for a day

Hi,First of all congratulations on your forthcoming marriage. If you google Larnaca Municipality there is a street map. The hall is only about three miles from the Airport about ten minutes drive.

I am sorry I don't know the route the the airport bus takes, have a look cyprusbybus.com

But as you only have a short time after landing I would pre book a cab I use.

goairporttransfers

Julie

Haifa, Israel
2. Re: Larnaca for a day

Thank you.

How does the cab costs and how do I prebook it?

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
3. Re: Larnaca for a day

Hi, type in goairporttransfers into your search and get a quote online . I would be very surprised if they charge more than 10-15 euro we paid 15 to the airport from Larnaca Town last year and that was at midnight using a local taxi firm.Julie

Haifa, Israel
4. Re: Larnaca for a day

And how do you book them? On the spot upon arrival?

And what about from Larnaca back to the airport, around 8 pm? Where do we find a taxi?

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
5. Re: Larnaca for a day

Hi, I pre book online, cabs are plentiful in Larnaca for your return journey , where are you going to be after you leave the town hall where ever you go from there bar/restaurant the owner will be happy to call you a cab, or just flag one down

Haifa, Israel
6. Re: Larnaca for a day

Do you recommend pre booking from the airport? There are not enough around?

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
7. Re: Larnaca for a day

Hi, you can use the cabs at the airport and pre book your return journey, but I do not use them they are a rip off..

Larnaka, Cyprus
reviews: 12
8. Re: Larnaca for a day

Our best wishes for your wedding.

There is no shuttle to Larnaca city cente. However there are local buses and the following link indicates the route connecting the Airport and Athenon Avenue ( Finikoudes-Note that Finikoudes is the name locals use instead of Athenon Avenue).

zinonasbuses.com/admin/…pdf178.pdf

I am not aware of the time schedule though, so it would be wise to call/ e-mail them for specific details.

ZINONAS BUSES LTD

Website: www.zinonasbuses.com, e-mail: info@zinonasbuses.com

TEL.:80007744,24665531,24665541, FAX:24665546

You do have a tight time frame though. If you are landing at 8 then you'd be out of the airport at 830. It leaves you with just 1 hour to get to the City Hall. It would be plenty of time with a taxi since it is just 10min ride, however I wouldn't be confident with the bus. Btw the bus station on Athenon ave is some 300m from the city hall. It would be more convenient for the way back to the airport.

Keith, Scotland...
reviews: 21
9. Re: Larnaca for a day

Hi Margory have been given your name & link by someone through tripadviser. I am trying to contact my dad who staying in Cypruss just now. His son has just died. Valley Road is where we have traced his last mobile call to, so think there might be a hotel on that road - it would reduce the number we could contact. Have tried Embassy - closed for weekend & diverted to Foreign Office in London, who just googled what we wanted to know! Police don't seem able to help & again are closed for weekend! do you know any hotels on that road? Liz

Larnaka, Cyprus
reviews: 12
10. Re: Larnaca for a day

I am so sorry about the death. I have just seen your post, so I just hope that you have already found your father. Valley road sounds too British to my ears, so I would guess it should be within the British bases area, so possibly in or near Dhekelia or Akrotiri. I have googled the name but have not found any hotel there. If you still haven;t been able to locate him please reply so to search through municipalities etc.