We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Some extraordinary

Which Larnaka hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Erbil, Iraq
reviews: 1
Some extraordinary

Hello, we are visiting Larnaca 2-8 November, I am thinking the weather will not permit much swimming, so I would like to do something really extraordinary for my 11 years old boy, any ideas?

If not, do you know of a fantastic place for kids to visit? in Larnaca, Paphos or Limassol?

Thanks

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka, Limassol, Cyprus
reviews: 72
1. Re: Some extraordinary

Hi, there is the Lucky star theme park, but I am not sure if it is open in the winter. on the edge of Limassol there is the santamarina retreat.

www.santamarinaretreat.com

It is an amazing place with various activities, call to check it is open first I know they close Monday or Tues maybe both.check it out on things to do on the limassol forum

Or maybe your son would enjoy a jeep safari up into the troodos mountains. sorry I cannot help more on this as places I would normally recommend close for the winter.Julie

Edited: 10:28 am, October 17, 2012
Erbil, Iraq
2. Re: Some extraordinary

Thank you for your help, I hope we could still swim a little bit early November. I hope it was not a mistake visiting Cyprus this time of the year.

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
3. Re: Some extraordinary

As you are visiting the first week of November, you may get lucky for a swim, I have seen people in the sea at that time of year. but I suspect they are Brits on holiday taking advantage of better weather than back home. I have not been to Iraq , but I have been to Dubai in Nov and it is hotter there than Cyprus at that time of year , so you may feel chilly coming from there.

Pack warm clothes for the evening it gets cold when the sun goes down.

Where will you be staying, I will try to think of something else for you to do.And I hope you enjoy your visit to Cyprus.

Erbil, Iraq
4. Re: Some extraordinary

Several hotels, two nights each, Larnaca, Limassol and Paphos, was also hoping to visit Ayia Napa beach. we wanted to go to Dubai we've been there many times, but we thought Cyprus would be nicer, my son and wife with me, I really hope they do not get disappointed as this was my decision for fun, errrrrrr

Thanx again for your kind answers

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
5. Re: Some extraordinary

You can still visit ayia napa , go up to cape Greco the scenery is amazing nissi beach is lovely so is ayia theika out past the water park. .I am sure that you will all have fun.you know a holiday is what you make it, I was in Cyprus for 10 days last march the last 7 the weather was terrible, rain-thunder-lightning. but I somehow managed to enjoy my stay

Limassol is massive the coastline runs 16km , you can shop till you drop in markio ave , St. Andrew's st near the Castle and in the shopping area leading of St Andrews.

If you son likes Castles there is Limassol Castle. Klossi Castle 9km west of Limassol /Kurion ruins- beach 12km west of Limassol.

Paphos is also nice , a drive up to polis is worthwhile.

Let us know how you got on when you get back, it is always nice to hear feedback.one last thing the tourist information office in Larnaca is on the front

road near the end of Larnaca prom, you can,t miss it it is set in gardens, if you need maps or anything.Julie

Erbil, Iraq
6. Re: Some extraordinary

Ohh yes shopping, is Cyprus expensive? I know EU is, but I'm sure locals find good prices, where to Shop? I heard Limassol is expensive, so maybe Larnaca? I must try some really good wine.

How about Nicosia? can we reach Nicosia by car easily? it seems that Nicosia is somehow more reasonable in term of prices.

I will do all this, it seems that we will do more ground less sea, will write you how it was. Cheers!

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
7. Re: Some extraordinary

Hi, yes you Can get to Nicosia easily by car it is 45km fro Larnaca, I am sorry I cannot help with up to date with prices in Nicosia it is a long time ago since I last went there. You could look on the Nicosia forum and send harrishalk the DE for that area a PM for help on shopping there.

Limassol I find most things on par with the UK, but other stuff more expensive,I can only compare prices with what I pay back here in the UK. in Iraq things my be cheaper than UK or twice the price.

For Wine you may like to visit some of the wine villages, some under the Limassol region are. Olympus winery/ Omodhos.25573391

vassa winery/vassa

-i-Dom-Nicholaides winery at Anoyira 25221709

There is also there is another one in the village near the santamarina retreat limassol.

In the paphos district there are winerys at the villages of/Stroumbi/Kathikas.

these are just a few I dare say someone will add some more.Julie

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
8. Re: Some extraordinary

www.thewinesofcyprus.co.uk/

Erbil, Iraq
9. Re: Some extraordinary

Thank u all very much, the whole trip is gone with the wind becoz cyprus air just cancelled its flight, for no obvious reason ofcourse. So not on l y i will miss cyprus this year, but now i have to struggle for my refunds, i lost 200 euros for the hotel reservation, car rental is ok, cyprus air will only refund tickets after 8 days.

I did buy insurance, but i know how these people are a real pain.

A total mess, never happened to me before, wife and son disappointed, vacation is gone, i lost money and i will not taste Cyprus wines.

Thank you cyprus air, will never get near you again.

Maybe dubai can be managed in such a short period now, will try.

Edited: 1:35 pm, October 19, 2012
Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
10. Re: Some extraordinary

I am sorry to hear about this, I hope that you can get your money back, I hope that you do get to see Cyprus maybe you could use another Airline.