We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recommendations

Which Kyrenia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 91
Hotel recommendations

Our first time to N Cyprus - looking for a good 4-5* hotel within walking distance of town- we like to stroll out to local restaurants for dinner; I was thinking of the Dome or Bella View? Happy to have recommendations. Which town is nicer -Kyrenia or Famagusta?

If you hire a car in the north are you allowed to drive it over to the south?

Thank you in advance.

6 replies to this topic
Essex UK
reviews: 3
1. Re: Hotel recommendations

The Dome is right on the Harbour but I wouldnt say it was 5*. Bella Moon is on the way to Bellapais quite a long walk to town,there is some nice accomodation at Bellapais but you would definately need a car.

Most of the hotels in NC are pretty good .Pia Bella walking distance to town.

No you cant take a hire car over the border. My opinion Kyrenia is better than Famagusta,though it is nice to visit for a day.

Hope this is of some help to you

Edited: 10:34 am, October 02, 2013
Essex UK
reviews: 3
2. Re: Hotel recommendations

Sorry Bella Moon is a restaurant I think you mean Bella View on the way to Bellapais.

You have got the Rocks and Colony in town, have never stayed there so cant recommend.

reviews: 91
3. Re: Hotel recommendations

Thanks- if you stayed up at Bellapais are there restaurants in the village (is there a village?!)

Karsiyaka, TRNC
Destination Expert
for Kyrenia
reviews: 2
4. Re: Hotel recommendations

Yes there are restaurants up in the village. The Bellapais Gardens Hotel is supposed to very nice.

Kyrenia, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Kyrenia
reviews: 19
5. Re: Hotel recommendations

Colony or a little further out the Pia Bella , some car hire companies allow you to take their cars south, A One being one of them , www.aone-cyprusrentacar.com/index.php/en/

London, United...
reviews: 47
6. Re: Hotel recommendations

For going into Kyrenia in the evening, the best hotels are probably the Dome, the Rocks or the Colony. The Pia Bella is about 20 minutes, nothing special enroute, stroll. Sammy's is near the Pia Bella, down a side street.

Personally, I think the Colony has the best location, just by what (could be called) the transport hub, and a few minutes stroll into the town centre,under ten downhill to the harbour/Castle.

Reply to: Hotel recommendations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted