We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating out in Northern Cyprus

Which Kyrenia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bracknell, United...
reviews: 7
Eating out in Northern Cyprus

Hi we are a family of four and have been to Turkey the last couple of years, thinking about visiting Kyrenia area but worried we won't be able to eat out as much as in Turkey? Also my kids love the markets in Turkey do they have anything similar in Cyprus

UK
reviews: 129
1. Re: Eating out in Northern Cyprus

Kyrenia is great for eating out. The food is much better than say, Spain and far cheaper. You will be spoiled for choice. Re markets - trawl down the posts as there is a recent thread on them.

Kyrenia, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Kyrenia
reviews: 22
2. Re: Eating out in Northern Cyprus

The main market in Kyrenia is on weds, but NOT on par with the one in Fethiye for example, It's geared mainly towards Locals rather than tourists. tis rather simple and laid back here.

Bracknell, United...
3. Re: Eating out in Northern Cyprus

Hi Thanks for the response sounds great really helpful now just have to make up my mind between staying in Lapta or Catalkoy

Bracknell, United...
4. Re: Eating out in Northern Cyprus

Hi thanks for the reply, oh deaqr my little boy will be disappinted - thats all he wants to go on holiday for is a market like the one in Fethiye lol, never mind maybe a trip to one of the water parks will put a smile on his face. Never been to Cyprus before trying to decide between Lapta and Catalkoy

Kyrenia, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Kyrenia
reviews: 22
5. Re: Eating out in Northern Cyprus

There is a commercial waterpark in Lapta though the best one is at the Acapulco Hotel in Catalkoy http://www.acapulco-cyprus.com/default.asp,on a sandy golden beach, open to non residents 20TL ( 50% off for under 12 yo)

Bracknell, United...
6. Re: Eating out in Northern Cyprus

ttoli thank you I did see the Acapulco Hotel does look very nice and thank you for the info on the beach - what about place to eat and maybe drink arounf Catalkoy better than Lapta or just different? Or is it best just to head into Kyrenia

Bracknell, United...
7. Re: Eating out in Northern Cyprus

Hi we will be hiring a car (to take 6) from the Kyrenia area in August any suggestions on most reliable/affordable car hire company and will need transfers from Larnaca again for 6 - thanks

UK
reviews: 129
8. Re: Eating out in Northern Cyprus

Lapta is better for eating out and nearer to the best beaches than Catalkoy.

London, United...
reviews: 47
9. Re: Eating out in Northern Cyprus

Angela H, could I suggest that you start a new thread for your question? There may well be an expert on car hire, who doesn't read threads about food.

Bracknell, United...
10. Re: Eating out in Northern Cyprus

hi john s - thank you for the advice although not ancient this is all a little new to me - don't do facebook or twitter lol so any advice is welcome - will do as you suggest -thanks

Get answers to your questions about Kyrenia