We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Northern Cyprus

Which Kyrenia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hampshire
reviews: 9
Northern Cyprus

Planning a trip to Kyrenia in September. Having problems finding a good travel company to book with. I have spoken to Green Island Holidays and didnt find their advisor very helpful. Have visited Southern Cyprus several times and wondered if Northern Cyprus would be more unspoilt.

If you have been or can sugest a travel company I would be grateful.

UK
reviews: 126
1. Re: Northern Cyprus

The north is definitely more unspoilt than the south. We visit regularly but book independently. Why do you feel you need a travel company?

Devon
reviews: 4
2. Re: Northern Cyprus

Have a look at Direct Traveller, we have used them and consider them to be excellant. It is easy to do it yourself if you want to. We now book a flight then contact the hotel of our choice and they will book you a room and will arrange a transfer from the airport. We use the Ship Inn Hotel, one of the owners resides in Wimbledon, we ring him and arrange everything. It is certainly cheaper, but if you want the assurance of help if anything goes wrong then a travel company is the answer. Direct Traveller has an online brochure where you can see all the hotels so you can get a good knowledge of what is available.

UK
reviews: 126
3. Re: Northern Cyprus

Quote: ' if you want the assurance of help if anything goes wrong then a travel company is the answer'.

I would beg to differ on only that point. Travel companies are good and bad, as are property managers. If you book a privately owned villa or apartment then you have the services of a property manager at the end of the phone or to meet you on arrival - just the same service that a travel company provides, really. I don't think paying extra for a middleman provides any better assurance, sorry.

Whitehaven
reviews: 11
4. Re: Northern Cyprus

I would highly recommend Direct Traveller having travelled many times to N Cyprus with them

Kyrenia, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Kyrenia
reviews: 19
5. Re: Northern Cyprus

I'm biased but you'll have to go far to beat sales staff that live there and are up to speed with local events/Hotels etc, Freephone from the UK http://www.gonorthcyprus.com/

6. Re: Northern Cyprus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 26, 2014