We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go next from Vaduz?

Which Vaduz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington, DC
reviews: 36
Where to go next from Vaduz?

I'll be visiting Vaduz in August and need suggestions on where to go once I leave Vaduz, keeping in mind I'll have a full-sized suitcase with me. I would be staying in this next location for one or two nights before ultimately going to Berlin via plane. Based on my research, the nearby airports with good airfare are Munich, Basel and Geneva. For instance, I could spend a night or two in Zurich before training to Basel and flying out from there. Not knowing which cities/towns are a bust and which are interesting, I thought I'd appeal to the all-knowing TripAdvisor community for suggestions. Since I'll have a full-size suitcase, keeping the travel simple is a priority, so minimizing change-overs, avoiding buses, etc. I'm all ears for any suggestions you all might have. Thanks in advance!

3 replies to this topic
Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 263
1. Re: Where to go next from Vaduz?

Basel and Geneva are both to the opposite of Switzerland compared to Vaduz. For Geneva, the train ride is 4 1/2 hours with one change in Sargans (from the Liechtenstein bus to train) and one in Zurich; trains every hour. But it is a nice ride (I am doing it several times every year). Basel is probably 2+ hours ride. While I do understand you have heavy luggage, it would be a pity not to stop on your way (and leave your luggage at the station). Bern is nice (although very heavy roadwork is currently making it less nice) for instance. Accepting a slighty longer ride would allow you to see St Gallen. I invite you to look at the respective TA pages of these cities (including Geneva and Basel).

Munich is more complicated to reach. And longer.

Airport-wise, GVA can be reached by train (7 minutes from the centre) or bus. Free transport cards are given by all the hotels. BSL can be reached by tram. Technically it is in France. MUC can be reached by train (45 minutes ride as it is quite far from the centre).

Hope this helps.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 263
2. Re: Where to go next from Vaduz?

Almost forgot... Train schedules and prices:

http://www.sbb.ch/en

USA
reviews: 32
3. Re: Where to go next from Vaduz?

Each of those cities has enough to see and do for a couple of days. Is flying out of Zurich that much more expensive, including the additional train fare to Basel or Geneva?

Reply to: Where to go next from Vaduz?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Vaduz