We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Hotel Excelsior

Which Valletta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
reviews: 29
Grand Hotel Excelsior

Just wondering if anyone has stayed at this hotel as they say it is just outside the city. Can you tell me how far outside the city - is it walking distance into the main street of Valletta for shopping?

A ferry to Silema from Valletta - how long does that take - told it is nice there as well. Any toilets on those ferries?

Oswestry England
Destination Expert
for Malta
reviews: 15
1. Re: Grand Hotel Excelsior

The hotel is about a five minute walk to the city gate of Valletta .

there is quite a steep hill from the hotel up to the level but is not very far --- a couple of hundred yards at most.

The main street and shopping areas are just within the city gate.

Enjoy your stay.

Graham

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
reviews: 3
2. Re: Grand Hotel Excelsior

Ferry from Valletta to Sliema only takes about 15 minutes, no idea if there is a toilet as it is such a short journey you won't need it. If you are going to stay at the Excelsior I would get the ferry from Valletta to Sliema as you walk downhill from your hotel to the jetty, and the bus back so that again your walk is downhill.

Sydney
3. Re: Grand Hotel Excelsior

Thank you Graham and Twirl - I think as we are 2 couples we will stay at this hotel. Vicki

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
reviews: 13
4. Re: Grand Hotel Excelsior

The hotel has lovely views . Valletta is quiet in the evenings but there are a number of small intimate restaurants and wine bars. The Barakka gardens are well worth visiting in the evening as the bastions are all lit up.

Another place worth going in the evening is the Valletta Waterfront Cruise Terminal. There are a number of restaurants You could walk there (about 25 min) and get a taxi back.

Do have a look at the Top Questions on the right.

Sydney
5. Re: Grand Hotel Excelsior

I can't wait to go there and experience all Malta has to offer.

6. Re: Grand Hotel Excelsior

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, October 10, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Valletta