We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking near The Preluna

Which Sliema hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newton Abbot
reviews: 43
Parking near The Preluna

We will be visiting next February, and are planning to hire a car. Could you please advise how difficult it will be to park free overnight near [ish] to the Hotel ?

Princess Car Hire company is well reviewed on this forum, so am thinking of using them, do any of you guys have feedback re. them ?

Thanks for any help.

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
reviews: 11
1. Re: Parking near The Preluna

It all depends at what time you will be looking for a parking space , as there is a lot of movement around 7 when the shops close and workers are going home , and if you leave it late , say midnight , spaces will be more easily found .

If you go round the block a couple of times , I would say that you can find space , if not , there is a carpark about 300mtrs down the road , at a price and an attendant carpark across the road .

The attendant may reserve a place for you , if given a good tip .

Leave the keys with the attendant and tell him to leave them at the reception for you in the morning ???

February is not a very busy time , and you should not have any problems !!

Welcome to Malta

canada
reviews: 63
2. Re: Parking near The Preluna

We stayed right around the corner from the Preluna Hotel in the height of the summer season. We never had a hard time finding parking and we would return from the day out around 5pm.

Sometimes you have to be a bit creative and check the side streets.

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
reviews: 13
3. Re: Parking near The Preluna

There is a car park at the Ferries with a attendant who expects a tip . But it shouldn't be a problem in February after 5 or 6 when the offices close. The multi storey car park nearby has special rates for overnight parking so you could try there as well

Newton Abbot
4. Re: Parking near The Preluna

Thanks Canada Xxxxx and hat776.

Very encouraging messages re. parking..

I have to say I am feeling a bit apprehensive as the reviews of The Preluna are not good, [ and think we are paying top rates, unusual for me not to have sussed a competitively priced holiday, especially as low season ]. We are very much looking forward to exploring Malta, it is our first visit .

Devongirlie

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
reviews: 13
5. Re: Parking near The Preluna

Don't be too discouraged. The Preluna is popular and anyway it is in an excellent position.

Newton Abbot
6. Re: Parking near The Preluna

Thank you,

Yes I think the location will suit us very well.

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
reviews: 77
7. Re: Parking near The Preluna

We've stayed at the Preluna many times and always found it comfortable. There are a few minor issues with the place, especially in the older part, but on the whole it's a very clean, well run hotel with caring and courteous/helpful staff.

The location is great.

I've never had to try to park a car there but there are plenty of side streets so as others have said you should find parking.

8. Re: Parking near The Preluna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 am, November 17, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Sliema