We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

solo traveler in Sliema Malta

Which Sliema hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Western Ireland...
solo traveler in Sliema Malta

Hi all,

Female solo travelling end of Oct to Malta. Is it safe ?

Any recommendations appreciated ever so slightly nervous..

Thanking you all in advance

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hammamet
reviews: 35
1. Re: solo traveler in Sliema Malta

I am seasoned male traveller and been to many places. And I tell you now that Malta is by far the safest of them all and that also goes for solo female travellers.

I visited Malta several times now and I have never heard of solo traveller male or female came into any harm. With a bit of common sense you should be fine. Sliema is a busy but safe city.

The only place I would recommend you avoid at nightime is Paceville as it can get a bit rowdy with drunken nightclubbers.

Cas

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
reviews: 11
2. Re: solo traveler in Sliema Malta

I have two tenage daughters who regularly go out to Paceville on weekends.

Even if I agree with Cas comments , I am sure that you will enjoy the nightlife if you enjoy the nightlife anywhere else in Europe !

Do not believe me when I say that Malta is one if not the most safe places to take a holiday , but read what the US department of state has to say

https:/…

Petty crime exists everywhere , and you should be careful all the time , but muggings and armed robberry are very rare or non existant in popular touristic areas .

Welcome to Malta

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
reviews: 3
3. Re: solo traveler in Sliema Malta

Last year we were in Sliema during an electricity breakdown most of Malta was in a blackout.My wife and I were walking along the promonade in Sliema and a gang of about 10 youths approached up their question was do you need any help getting back to your hotel yes it is safe.

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
reviews: 13
4. Re: solo traveler in Sliema Malta

If you give your age group it will be easier to answer.

For example if you young we'd tell you about Paceville.

If you're older more about coffee shops.

Have you decided on your hotel ?

Western Ireland...
5. Re: solo traveler in Sliema Malta

Thank you all, really good to hear that

London, England
reviews: 7
6. Re: solo traveler in Sliema Malta

I am also a female solo traveller (aged 25) going to Malta at the end of October! Was about to post almost exactly the same question, so am relieved to hear that it seems to be safe.

Feel free to contact me if you want to meet up for a drink! :)

Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Kalutara, Ahungalla
reviews: 9
7. Re: solo traveler in Sliema Malta

Hi there...

Yes, Malta is very safe for travellers, have been several times solo and will be again for 4 weeks end of October, for sure will feel very safe...., looking forward to some sun, after our lousy supposed summer !

Regards

Dave

reviews: 18
8. Re: solo traveler in Sliema Malta

Hi, you can stay calm. I have been in Malta for five times and I´m travelling alone. I really like Malta and I´m going back there in the middle of october. I think this time I want to go a daytrip to Sicilia...if I can find some.

Take care and stay calm. It´s not dangerious to go there. I prefer Sliema.

If you have som more questions, don´t hesitate to contact me.

The best regards from Sweden

mona-nu@hotmail.se

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
reviews: 3
9. Re: solo traveler in Sliema Malta

lovetotravel if you want to send anyone a personal message just click on the name and T/A will pass on the message for you that way you can make your own arrangements.

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
reviews: 13
10. Re: solo traveler in Sliema Malta

We can help you out regarding Malta but the experiences of fellow visitors who have travelled on your own is invaluable

Get answers to your questions about Sliema
Recent Conversations