We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can anyone advise a good local wine

Which Sliema hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
reviews: 25
Can anyone advise a good local wine

Sometimes its good to relax with a glass of wine reading a book on the hotel balcony.

Can anyone recommend a good local wine available in the local supermarkets or straight from the vine yard??

Barnsley, United...
1. Re: Can anyone advise a good local wine

There are a number of good wines produced in Malta, Wine is an individual taste but I like the local Marsovin wines. This is available in supermarkets.

Enjoy your holiday.

Bradford
reviews: 28
2. Re: Can anyone advise a good local wine

Delicata wines are generally good too

Inverness
reviews: 11
3. Re: Can anyone advise a good local wine

Prices vary from very cheap to moderate, and you could infer quality by price band. The good news is you can have a great multi-bottle wine-tasting session for very little money. Discover your own favourite! I find most of them very palatable.

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
4. Re: Can anyone advise a good local wine

Depends on how much you want to pay for a bottle of wine ?

Also depends on your preferred tastes , dry , sweet , red , white , nutty , fruity or whatever !

Personaly , I like Chardonnays or a Merlot sometimes depending on the food being washed down !!!!

You will be spoilt for choice . Delicata and Marsovin offer a wide range of local wines with different prices .

Will give you a link on the next post

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
5. Re: Can anyone advise a good local wine

http://www.delicata.com/ourwines.aspx

marsovin.com/maltawinery/…Default.aspx

www.pavi.com.mt/products.aspx?D=22&C=270&S=

Lots of choice

London, United...
reviews: 13
6. Re: Can anyone advise a good local wine

I've always found the Marsovin "La Torre" range to be reasonably good and consistent. They can be found for approx Euro 3.80.

Comino, Malta
reviews: 1
7. Re: Can anyone advise a good local wine

Sur Farrugia @ Farrugias Bar in Siggiewi make their very own farmers wine from the farm on the outskirts of the village, we always keep a bottle or two in the fridge for sippimg purposes especially nitgh caps but blimey it's a bit strong, however if you want something a bit more refined then Malta produces some fabulous wines in my opinion much nicer than nearby italian or sicilian wines, the two most famous wineries in Malta and Gozo are Delicata and Marsovin, petrsonally we prefer the more simpler unfussy wines especially special reserve and green or red label, the links to both wineries websites are below:

http://www.delicata.com/ourwines.aspx

marsovin.com.mt/maltawinery/…Default.aspx

Dingli, Malta
reviews: 25
8. Re: Can anyone advise a good local wine

Like the posts mentioned above mentioned, Marsovin and Delicata are the most popular. Generally I tend to prefer Marsovin but there some really good wines from Delicata as well.

If you then want to upgrade another step, then i suggest you look for wines from Meridiana. They can be found in most supermarkets too.

Their site is on http://www.meridiana.com.mt/

Attard, Malta
9. Re: Can anyone advise a good local wine

Depends on your tastes, but probably the best value for money is the Green or Red Label, or Pjazza Regina

wigan
reviews: 10
10. Re: Can anyone advise a good local wine

My favourite is Dolcino Rose between 2/3 Euros a bottle medium sweet a little like Gallos white grenache regards MIKE

Get answers to your questions about Sliema
Recent Conversations