We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas and New Years in Malta

Which Island of Malta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 4
Christmas and New Years in Malta

My friend and I, mid 30st, are planning Christmas and New Years in Malta and would like to experience the culture and tradition of Malta and see more of the Island. Not the biggest party animals, prefer our evenings out as nice dine-and-wine events, having it at local places even better. Planning to stay at a hotel near the coast line.

We are planning the holiday to escape from the UK winter and to see more of Malta (at slow and relaxing pace)

Need advice on:

How/Where to spend Christmas day and dinner.

How/Where to spend New Years Evening.

And the must sees of Malta in the seven days we are staying on the island (more focused on places and things to see, than things to do like outdoor adventures. But fine with a walk to see something nice)

Both of us are very easy when it comes to food.

And I would say our budget is average, what the average man can afford to pay for food and sight seeing.

The more of a local experience the better!

Thanks,

Christine

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
reviews: 18
1. Re: Christmas and New Years in Malta

I have spent the last 14 christmases and new years in Malta and have always enjoyed them.

Christmas eve in Malta will be extremely busy with all Maltese families going out to eat and celebrate.

However Christmas day will be very quiet as it is family day and everybody will be at home.

Boxing day will be back to normal as it doesn`t really mean much .

On the days leading up to christmas it is worth spending time in Valletta as there are various celebrations , singers and bands etc.

New year is always lively and midnight sounds like the start of world war three with all the fireworks going off and plenty of partying in bars all over the country.

Don`t know where you are staying but you will soon find plenty of life and wandering about will be enjoyable.

You wii have to book early for christmas lunch as restaurants get very busy.

There is lots to see and do in Malta and I suggest --as usual -- that you buy a 7 day bus ticket for 12 euros,

You must visit Valletta , Mdina and the Three Cities --- all beautifull and historic.

The fishing village of Marsaxlokk is nice with lots of good fish restaurants.

Enjoy Malta

Graham

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
reviews: 11
2. Re: Christmas and New Years in Malta

I usually agree 100% with what Graham says about Malta , as he is a much better expert than me , but would maybe differ on the fact that Christmas day lunch is quiet ? Many families are eating out , even if it is a family affair mostly . Book early if you fancy a hotel restaurant , as they are favourites .

Have a look at the FAQs and www.visitmalta.com for more ideas to your taste !

Welcome to Malta

London, United...
reviews: 4
3. Re: Christmas and New Years in Malta

Thanks for the information!

4. Re: Christmas and New Years in Malta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, September 18, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Island of Malta