We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

moving to Malta with 9 year old boy....Zebbug?

Which Island of Malta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, United...
reviews: 4
moving to Malta with 9 year old boy....Zebbug?

Hello everyone. I am arriving at the begining of April, searching for property to rent and a school. I have been to both Malta and Gozo before. Was wondering what Zebbug was like to live in with a 9 year old boy. I like the old houses and there is a school. Does anyone know what the school is like please? Are there any expats in Zebbug with children? Will it be too quiet for my son? Don't wish for him to feel lonely. Very grateful for any help or advice please. Much appreciated.

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
reviews: 73
1. Re: moving to Malta with 9 year old boy....Zebbug?

My relatives moved to Mellieha last May. Good school. Their daughter is 9 with 8 expats in her class.

I'm biaised but Mellieha has benefits like easy access to the beach and is in the scenic north.

Bristol, United...
2. Re: moving to Malta with 9 year old boy....Zebbug?

Thank you very much indeed for your reply. I did think about Mellieha, was not sure if it was a little over-run with tourists. The school may sway me though, 8 expat children would, I am sure, make my son feel at ease. He is very sociable and I would not wish for him to feel alone. Again, thank you for your reply.

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
3. Re: moving to Malta with 9 year old boy....Zebbug?

Your are welcome..Mellieha has a tourist season but as a town is not over-run :0)

It's a real town rather than a resort.

A very reasonable flat can be found for €350 if you look around.

Bristol, United...
4. Re: moving to Malta with 9 year old boy....Zebbug?

Mark.....thank you... did reply earlier but think message has been lost. Do you live in Malta?

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
5. Re: moving to Malta with 9 year old boy....Zebbug?

Yes, been here 5 years after many visits. No dependants though.......

I have lived in several locations on Malta and consider Mellieha offers the best all round experience.

Do narrow the schools down & visit them. You can find somewhere to live quite quickly here - within a week.

Bristol, United...
6. Re: moving to Malta with 9 year old boy....Zebbug?

Thanks again :) Yes, think that I shall look for property when I arrive.

The internet is useful for brief viewing of properties but the surroundings are important to me too! Is there a decent coffee shop in Mellieha?

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
7. Re: moving to Malta with 9 year old boy....Zebbug?

Yes......a few. :o)

A quick tip:

Don't waste hours on the internet trawling estate agencies looking at lovely pictures as most flats are let. Property here is usually with many agents as the fee structure for securing a letting is the same everywhere.

Best visit the agencies on arrival with a brief and see what is actually empty.

Try reviewing Maltapark too..........

Bristol, United...
8. Re: moving to Malta with 9 year old boy....Zebbug?

Thanks for the great advice.

Just took a peek at Maltapark....wow... a veritable Aladdins Cave! How fun.

Many thanks again Mark. Your'e a star!

9. Re: moving to Malta with 9 year old boy....Zebbug?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 02, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Island of Malta