We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on Malta wedding 2012 please...

Which Island of Malta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast, United...
Advice on Malta wedding 2012 please...

Hi,

We are just starting to plan a wedding in Malta June 2012 and are a little overwhelmed with the choices. Could anyone make some recommendations based on our requirements...

Quite private

Close to the sea

Prefer to eat a sit down meal outside\in a terrace with a view of the sea for approx 40 guests

Close to a catholic church

Late bar\music as we are Irish :)

Would you recommend using a wedding planner or organising it yourself? We are unsure of a realistic budget yet but obviously we would like to keep the costs down.

Thanks so much for any recommendations!

P

49 replies to this topic
Swieqi, Malta
reviews: 16
31. Re: Advice on Malta wedding 2012 please...

hi P

if you still undecided and havent planned it, pl do email me and can give you some tips. Just organised a small wedding from some relatives coming from UK...

farrugiajk@gmail.com

32. Re: Advice on Malta wedding 2012 please...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 pm, January 28, 2013

Chester, United...
reviews: 20
33. Re: Advice on Malta wedding 2012 please...

Hi Jayne, would just like to take this opportunity to thank you for making the wedding of my son and his wife so special, they got married last June and everything about the wedding was fairy tale. The Venue is magical, the food was fantastic and the entertainment you arranged was brilliant.

Brighton, United...
34. Re: Advice on Malta wedding 2012 please...

for any one comming across this post in their research just wanted to point you owards facebook group 'were getting married in malta' there are lots of people who are getting or have gotten married in malta. i have found it an amazing place to gather info! x

35. Re: Advice on Malta wedding 2012 please...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:05 pm, January 28, 2013

Huddersfield...
reviews: 3
36. Re: Advice on Malta wedding 2012 please...

Hi just came across your response saying you were having a small affair, which I am looking to do, just wondered if you could give me some tips as don't really know where to start. Thanks

Manchester
reviews: 3
37. Re: Advice on Malta wedding 2012 please...

Not recommended if you are getting married - the affair that is!!

Swieqi, Malta
reviews: 1
38. Re: Advice on Malta wedding 2012 please...

hi there

pl advise what you have in mind with a small affair, time of year etc,,,,

Bradford, United...
reviews: 2
39. Re: Advice on Malta wedding 2012 please...

Can anyone give advise about accomodation for 40 wedding guests? We want to try and keep costs for guests to a minimum so any recommendations would be appreciated!

Wales
reviews: 15
40. Re: Advice on Malta wedding 2012 please...

What area of Malta are you looking at? We married in Malta last September and hired a couple of reasonable luxury villa apartments in a small complex in marsascala. They were fantastic and gave my guests the freedom we wanted, we were 45 on on site in a mix of 2 to 4 bedroomed apartments, also the complex was waterfront, had two pools and was within walking distance to bars and restaurants and st thomas beach. I can message you the details if this appeals.

Reply to: Advice on Malta wedding 2012 please...
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Island of Malta