We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guided tour or going solo?

Which Island of Gozo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oslo, Norway
reviews: 17
Guided tour or going solo?

Me and my boyfriend are visiting Malta this Summer and are renting a car for the duration of our stay. We want to visit Gozo for a day and i read that you can bring your car on the ferry between Malta and Gozo. Is it worth it when a guided tour is quite inexpensive and seems to cover what we would like to see on the island?

uk
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo
1. Re: Guided tour or going solo?

i beleive the hop on hop off bus is no more than 15 euros you ould pick it up at the harbour, no need to book

the bus starts from the harbour an will drop you back. the car would cost aout 15 euros plus 4.65 for the exra passenger.

Amsterdam
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
reviews: 56
2. Re: Guided tour or going solo?

Since you have the hire car i would self drive because then you will have plenty of time to visit all of Gozo's attractions without being constrained to the ho ho bus times. Also you may also want to visit some of the more remote areas which cannot be reached by the ho ho. Gozo is very small and easy to navigate around by car.

Oslo, Norway
3. Re: Guided tour or going solo?

Thanks a lot for the feedback, appreciate it!

Oslo, Norway
4. Re: Guided tour or going solo?

Forgot to ask, how is parking on Gozo? In Victoria/Rabat and the other Places of interest?

Amsterdam
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
reviews: 56
5. Re: Guided tour or going solo?

I have always found parking spaces in Victoria and everywhere else on Gozo, although in Victoria it can be a little challenging but there are car parks and street parking available even though you may end up with a short walk to the Citadel and other attractions. Outside of Victoria parking will be easy.

6. Re: Guided tour or going solo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 24, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Island of Gozo