We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gozo - Calypso Hotel

Which Island of Gozo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ireland
Gozo - Calypso Hotel

hi we are thinking about staying in Calypso Hotel. Ive read some of the reviews and there not great. has anyone stayed in this hotel recently. also we wont be driving and hope to be able to go to Rambla beach. Is it possible to walk to this beach or cycle. how long would it take if we were to do that.

all replies would be appreciated.

uk
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo
1. Re: Gozo - Calypso Hotel

the hotel is very nice my friend works and there and told me the food was very good. its a long walk to ramla bay

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
reviews: 11
2. Re: Gozo - Calypso Hotel

The Calypso hotel is in Marsalforn Bay and Ramla Bay is about 2 miles along the coast . There is a big hill in between the two bays and you have to take the road around it , along Marsalforn road to Xaghra and then take Ramla Road to the bay .

Anything is possible if you are a good trekker , but I would not suggest it in the Maltese sunshine on a hot day . A good hours walk ,or about 30 minutes by bike and up some hills or incline .

Gozo is very hilly and not friendly for walking or biking ....unless motor biking !

holidaywatchdog.com/…

check the google map

Welcome to Malta

chester england
reviews: 21
3. Re: Gozo - Calypso Hotel

Does this hotel`s rooftop cafe/bar open in May? and are the rooms to the rear, except for the view! just as good as the front ?as I fancy the quietness as opposed to the sea view........

Thanks

Malta
reviews: 8
4. Re: Gozo - Calypso Hotel

The rooms to the rear overlook a street and buildings. I would expect the care/bar on the roof will be open in May. I have heard good reports about the hotel since it was refurbished.

chester england
reviews: 21
5. Re: Gozo - Calypso Hotel

Thanks for that info. Windfreak, sounds pretty good.

6. Re: Gozo - Calypso Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, June 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Island of Gozo