We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

things to do

Which Comino hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sth yorks
reviews: 5
things to do

I am thinking of going to Comino the first week in october. My concern is that it sounds like the the island is very much for relaxing and sea and sun. What is the weather like at that time and are there many places to visit either on mainland or Gozo if we were to hire a car.

Thanks in anticipation.

7 replies to this topic
Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
reviews: 11
1. Re: things to do

Petunia

I think you are not explaining your requirements correctly .What do you want ?

Comino is a smaller island in the Maltese islands , with no road connection to Malta or Gozo , only seacraft and no car ferry from Comino .

the weather in the first week of October is not guaranteed to be sunny and warm . Comino does not have anything but sun and sea and one hotel ....full stop !

Think again ...Malta and Gozo are small enough with lots of hidden treasures ?

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
reviews: 13
2. Re: things to do

And from what I hear the hotel might need refurbishment. Basically you stay on Comino for total relaxation as there's nothing to do really.

Gozo is small enough to avoid the hustle and bustle of larger resorts but has a good number of restaurants and bars.

Senglea, Malta
reviews: 9
3. Re: things to do

normally you go to comino for a beach day during summer,you can't take car there and there is nowhere to go, only like 5 families live on the island and they have the farm so mostly you will see just pigs there:) gozo is of course bigger than comino and you can go by car of course you will need to board the ferry first but still if you want night life nothing there to do in october but if you want to visit some places of interest you can do that in one day, my suggestion is to stay in malta and then get the car for a day in gozo, if you are going in october you can avoid comino also because i'm not sure if the boat will work that time of year!

South Wales
reviews: 18
4. Re: things to do

Hi Annabelle - you've got me worried now. I've booked 2 weeks at Comino arriving on 30th Sept. Booked through onthebeach but does not include transfers. Are there regular ferries besides the hotel's boat? We wanted complete relaxation to swim, snorkel and read. I'm concerned now that two weeks will be too long. Since booking, reviews have been more negative than positive. We're used to basic and don't expect michelin star food. Please advise.

Wilmslow, United...
reviews: 22
5. Re: things to do

Here is the ferry schedule www.unitedcominoferries.com/schedule.html. Perhaps someone can confirm it's up to date. Marfa is a bay with a couple of hotels and beach bars. Čirkewwa is the ferry terminal for Gozo. Whilst I love Malta I'm not sure that I would particularly recommend it for the type of holiday you are considering particularly at that time of the year.

Sheffield, United...
6. Re: things to do

In the summer months holidaymakers visit Comino to swim and bathe at the Blue Lagoon. If you just want to chill out, do nothing and see nothing then this island is for you. Re transfer I think there is just the hotels boat so best to contact hotel direct to get details of boat crossing times, etc as they may vary depending upon time of year and weather conditions for crossing. Re-read comments of amc and hat (above) and makeup your own mind. Only you know what you enjoy and what is best for you. Enjoy.

South Wales
7. Re: things to do

Thanks both for your comments. I think we're just going to bit the bullett and give it a try, we'd lose too much money to change now anyway. We're quite laid back so if we've had enough after a week, we'll just take ourselves off to Gozo or Malta for the second week. Thank you for your help.

Reply to: things to do
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Comino