We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended Car Hire Companies in Malta

Which Malta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cambridgeshire
reviews: 34
Recommended Car Hire Companies in Malta

I am starting a new thread of recommended car hire companies to help others to find a reputable company; there have previously been a lot of negative posts about Ray Bezzina Car Hire and Green Motion.

My recommendation is Princess Car Hire 356 21371939 or 21371939

http://www.princesscarhire.com

info@princesscarhire.com

I have hired from them for the last 3 years, they always meet me at the airport and the cars are always fairly new and in good condition. I have found their charges fair and no extra charge for a second driver. I have not been charged for petrol, this time it was provided with a full tank and was asked to return it with a full tank, which I did. My excess is usually €120.

Please add your recommendations.

41 replies to this topic
Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
reviews: 18
1. Re: Recommended Car Hire Companies in Malta

I will add to MaclIuk`s list ;

Compass Car Hire.

Pioneer Road

Bugibba.

Tel 21571316

www.compasscarhire.com

e Mail info@compasscarhire.com

Used them over the last 10 years and have always found them honest and reliable.

Graham

saundersfoot...
reviews: 14
2. Re: Recommended Car Hire Companies in Malta

R & R Mellieha village. Very good price and we had a new car. Certainly can't fault them in any way.

3. Re: Recommended Car Hire Companies in Malta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:50 am, October 04, 2013

Island of Malta...
reviews: 4
4. Re: Recommended Car Hire Companies in Malta

Mcl1 First of all I wish your new topic good stead, on this very important and ongoing dilemma, for many who have booked ONLINE and lost money (years now) that still seems to be out of control, (so many complaints) so your topic must be very welcomed on this site.

There are so many local car hire firms that are never mentioned, on this wonderful Island, Why? They all have their own registered offices and cars, some very long established! with repeat and happy costumers, that hire direct! and recommend their family and friends, RENOWNED!! These private Maltese companies find themselves in a well earned category of their own, honest and trustworthy, and have no need for the services of expensive international agents, to hide behind.

I have used Compass Car hire of Pioneer road Bugibba Malta on many occasions in the past, and found them to be in the above prestigious category, I know of many other registered car hire companies that would also fit this criteria, but to be fair I can only go on my Private! and personal experiences, the same as the author/ d/e post (1) and post (2) FACT...I have never collaborated with the above firm Compass Car Hire or the above posters in any way, I only know by what they have penned in the past, as giving very helpful information and being completely unbiased and fair in their views. I do hope other satisfied costumers come forward on this very important issue as it would be a great help to others. KNOWKATS.

Island of Malta...
5. Re: Recommended Car Hire Companies in Malta

Merry Christmas and happy New Year to everyone, and above all to Tripadvisor for providing this wonderful Worldwide site. Safe and stress free!! motoring always. KNOWKATS.

Cambridgeshire
reviews: 34
6. Re: Recommended Car Hire Companies in Malta

Come on regular Trip Advisors that hire cars.

Please post your recommendations with contact details on reputable car hire companies to help others to find a reputable company; there have previously been a lot of negative posts about Ray Bezzina Car Hire and Green Motion.

Manchester
reviews: 3
7. Re: Recommended Car Hire Companies in Malta

O.K. Mac, here goes:-

Auto Rentals Co Ltd, Qaliet Street, St Julians. Tel +356 21 359848, +356 21 357393, +356 21 356676. email

info@autorentalsmalta.com web site: www.autorentalsmalta.com

Really good service and decent cars, supplied with a quarter tank of fuel and you are requested to return with a quarter tank - never had a problem. Just ask for John senior or his son John junior who I think still plies his trade as a DJ at night.

Newcastle, United...
8. Re: Recommended Car Hire Companies in Malta

Hello everyone, has anybody rented from maltafirstcarhire before? Do you know if they are alright?

Thank you for your replies in advance!

Island of Malta...
9. Re: Recommended Car Hire Companies in Malta

Why not check them out ? Google search --- Maltafirstcarhire reviews --- It says it all!! KNOWKATS.

Liverpool, England
reviews: 11
10. Re: Recommended Car Hire Companies in Malta

Just to muddy the waters a bit further...

I booked a car from Malta airport for a week in March 2014 thru Travelsupermarket and ended up with a very good rate from Arguscarhire.com.

When i received my confirmation First Motion were the agent.

But when I collected the car the various credit card deposits were charged to Princess Car hire in St Julians, so how this works with the warnings for one and recommendations for the other I don't know!

The car was a bit knocked about (before I received it!) but worked OK, I'm awaiting my refunds but if (fingers crossed) these come back OK I'll have no complaints.

Reply to: Recommended Car Hire Companies in Malta
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted