We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 day visit

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
2 day visit

We are going to Reykjavik on Saturday morning and leaving on Monday morning. We would like to go to the Lagoon on the afternoon of the Saturday, what trip would you advise us to do on the Sunday, we would like to see as much as possible on the Sunday trip.

How many hours of daylight are there at this time of year.

Thank you in advance.

Australia
reviews: 76
1. Re: 2 day visit

On Sunday I would do the Golden Circle tour with a tour company, or look at their itinerary and try and do about the same with a hire car. You pack stacks into a whole day this way, and get to see a fair bit of the landscape.

We got back from Iceland a few days ago...it was light at about 6am and got properly dark at 8pm. Although the sun is fairly low in the sky all day.

England
2. Re: 2 day visit

Thank you Adam, i was thinking of doing that but just needed someone else's view who had been there as it is our first trip to Iceland. Thank you forbeing so helpful and for replying so quickly.

Can't wait to go, my husband doesn't know we are going yet, it's a surprise for his birthday which is on the Sunday!

Reykjavik, Iceland
reviews: 8
3. Re: 2 day visit

I agree with Adam. I was at Þingvellir national park today and the autumn colors are beautiful. I hope you get good weather.

Stanley, Falkland...
reviews: 54
4. Re: 2 day visit

Yesterday was the Autumn Equinox - equal night and day...everywhere!

East Coast, USA
reviews: 8
5. Re: 2 day visit

Golden Circle was my least favorite tour. Landmannalaugar was the most spectacular in my opinion. Golden Circle was really all about two sights for me -- Gulfoss & Geysir. You could do those two on the same day as Blue Lagoon. In fact, if you're not renting a car and you get there early enough on Saturday, you could do Blue Lagoon w/ Gulfoss and Geysir Express. The glacial lagoon tour is very long and gives you the opportunity to see A LOT of scenery, but I don't think it runs this time of the year. I know that Landmannalaugar still does. Here is a link to my recent trip report for Iceland w/ all 6 of the tours we took described ... http://pub2.bravenet.com/forum/147964256.

Have fun!:)

England
6. Re: 2 day visit

Thank you all, you have all been very helpful. We fly at 7.30 am tomorrow morning, I have just told my husband we are going and he is over the moon, so I guess I got the birthday present right this year!

Thank you all again, I will let you all know how we got on.

7. Re: 2 day visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, August 24, 2009