We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fussy Eater in Reykjavik

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dumfries, United...
reviews: 7
Fussy Eater in Reykjavik

Hi, my husband and I are booked to go to Reykjavik for a week in October, we are booking lots of excursions and are very excited about this trip. There is however a very big worry about eating out my husband is a very basic eater, if we go out at home he won't go in unless they serve plain old steak and chips no salads no veg and no sauce. He has discovered there is KFC but I can't even explain the horror I feel when I have to think about eating there for a whole week. Can anyone make any recommendations for eating out while we are there? (p.s. he does not do pizza's burger's or any vegetables!)

Rockaway, New Jersey
reviews: 51
1. Re: Fussy Eater in Reykjavik

Leave him home and actually enjoy your trip.

Seriously, if he is that bad, he is going to have a REALLY tough time finding anything to eat.

Reykjavik, Iceland
Destination Expert
for Iceland
reviews: 2
2. Re: Fussy Eater in Reykjavik

Are you going to be eating out in Reykjavik most of the time? If you're staying there then you won't have any problem. Any decent restaurant will be able to serve a steak according to his wishes.

When out on the road, the choice may become more limited. But that doesn't mean he won't be able to find anything. There are restaurants in towns, and if you seek the right ones they will have steaks as well as other traditional items on the menu. I guess this will depend on your itinerary. If you post the places you are going to be maybe someone will offer you suggestions on restaurants.

Dumfries, United...
reviews: 7
3. Re: Fussy Eater in Reykjavik

Hi first of all yes I am tempted to leave him at home! But Northice yes we are staying in a hotel in central Reykjavik for 7 days on a bed and breakfast basis so we will need to eat out at night and although we have lots of plans they are all coach trips which means we will be looking at eating in Reykjavik at nights. I would really appreciate any suggestions of restaurants any budget really as long as we can get him food.

Barcelona, Spain
reviews: 36
4. Re: Fussy Eater in Reykjavik

There's a restaurant called The Steak House so that should work.

Also another one called Lebowski Bar, and of course theres The Grill Market

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g189970-d3…

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g189970-d322…

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g189970-d2…

Edited: 10:54 am, August 05, 2013
New York City, New...
reviews: 93
5. Re: Fussy Eater in Reykjavik

We just came back from Reykjavik and my husband is a very basic eater as well. We did just fine and like previous posters said, places are very accommodating and will keep it simple. We always ask for no sauce, etc. Don't go to KFC...try the great fish dishes in Iceland, definitely worth it!!! If you are staying at the Hilton Nordica (where we stayed) we had dinner one night at Askur (right next door to the hotel) and the food was simple like an upscale pub.

6. Re: Fussy Eater in Reykjavik

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 08, 2014