We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation from airport to Reykjavik after midnight

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maine
reviews: 27
transportation from airport to Reykjavik after midnight

Hello everyone,

We'll be arriving at the Keflavik airport just before midnight and I am trying to arrange transportation into Reykjavik -- likely to be leaving airport after midnight once we disembark and get our luggage. As I understand it, the bus is not running at that time (at least that's how I read the info on their website) and when I tried to rent a car was informed that the rental counters are not open at that time. I'm hoping we can get a taxi, though I know it will be expensive. Has anyone else had this experience? Any advice? Thank you!

Vogar
1. Re: transportation from airport to Reykjavik after midnight

This is the info on the website:

The Flybus operates in connection with all arriving and departing flights at Keflavík Airport and your seat is always guaranteed.

The Flybus departs from Keflavík Airport

35-40 minutes after each flight arrival.

The busses are located right outside the terminal building.

Maine
2. Re: transportation from airport to Reykjavik after midnight

Thank you! I didn't understand this and I'm so relieved to know. Many thanks.

New York City, New...
reviews: 93
3. Re: transportation from airport to Reykjavik after midnight

I thought the same thing....apparently all of the companies run depending on flight arrivals. We are going to use IGTours as they have someone take you directly to your hotel and not stop and transfer at bus station. Since our flight is coming in late too we felt more comfortable with that. BTW are you traveling through JFK also? We may be on the same flight!

Maine
4. Re: transportation from airport to Reykjavik after midnight

Our flight is out of Boston so probably different flights. Have a great time!!

5. Re: transportation from airport to Reykjavik after midnight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, July 31, 2014