We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a room to rent in Reykjavik

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ross on Wye, null...
Looking for a room to rent in Reykjavik

Hello,

I am looking for a room to rent in Reykjavik from the end of March to the end of June as I am interning at a fashion house in the harbour area.

I have spent the past two days searching for rooms on countless different websites, and there are many beautiful rooms, but most out of my budget I am afraid.

I am leaving my paid job, the money from which I have earned I will be living on for my time in Iceland, and I shall not be paid for the internship. Therefore, the rent must be affordable (my absolute maximum budget is £450 or ISK 86,000 per month, ideally as cheap as possible) at the same time, ideally, I'd be looking for a room in a relatively central location.

Hólmaslóð 4, Reykjavík 101 is the address for where I shall be working, in the harbour area, so ideally somewhere closeby (though I know it is a LOT to ask - everything for nothing lol)

Wondering if anyone could possibly help me out or give me some suggestions?

Kind regards,

Joshua

7 replies to this topic
reviews: 1
1. Re: Looking for a room to rent in Reykjavik

I don't know if you've seen this website before but my coworker passed it along for my upcoming trip. She rented an apartment for 5 days and it was right downtown and very affordable.

www.redappleapartments.com/reykjavik/en/

Hafnarfjordur...
2. Re: Looking for a room to rent in Reykjavik

Most people on the rental market like a long time rents (longer that you require). The rooms/apartments that are for shorter periods will most likely run well above your budget. During a search I found the following, that might suit you. All locations require bus transport to Hólmaslóð.

Rooms for rent:

http://www.leiguherbergi.is/en/index.html

Bus schedule, Reykjavik (34 min):

s.is/journeyplanner/…

Bus schedule from Hafnarfjördur (59 min):

s.is/journeyplanner/…

Bus card (not in Icelandic) - 1 month ISK 9300 / 3 month ISK 21000:

https:/…hofudborgarsvaedid

London, United...
3. Re: Looking for a room to rent in Reykjavik

Hi Joshua

My name it's Sol and I'll arraiving to Iceland 2nd of June. I'm looking for a room aswell, would you give any good web side or any contact that you got in Reykjavik.

Thanks a lot

Looking forward

Sol Sanchez

Reykjavik, Iceland
4. Re: Looking for a room to rent in Reykjavik

I have to live the house I am renting here in Reykjavik the 15 of may and my plane dont go before the 20. I need to rent a cheap rom for 4-5 days. Somebody can help with a web site or something?.

Thank you soo much!

Reykjavik, Iceland
5. Re: Looking for a room to rent in Reykjavik

Hi! I have to live the house I am renting here in Reykjavik, the 15 of may. My plane goes the 20. I need to rent a cheap rom for 4-5 days close to the airport.

Somebody can help with a web site name or anything?

Thank you!

Maria

Reykjavik, Iceland
6. Re: Looking for a room to rent in Reykjavik

Have you tried AirBnb? Very cheap, particularly if you just want a room and not an entire apartment/cottage...

www.airbnb.com/tell-a-friend…

Reykjavik, Iceland
7. Re: Looking for a room to rent in Reykjavik

I have to add that the best I could see on AirBnb in the central area was ~£525/mth, but you could contact an owner and see if they will give you a discount for the extended stay.

Reply to: Looking for a room to rent in Reykjavik
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted