We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Price of drink?

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
england
reviews: 20
Price of drink?

I am told drink is expensive in Iceland, myself and my partner drink wine and beer what is the best thing to drink in iceland and the cheapest? are spirits cheaper in bars?

cottage grove...
reviews: 23
1. Re: Price of drink?

Not big drinkers but even 1 minimal drinking episode was major sticker shock. Did notice Happy Hour prices for the local beer at a couple of places. One suggestion I heard was purchasing at the Duty Free at the airport.

Reykjavik, Iceland
reviews: 67
2. Re: Price of drink?

www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums…

Brighton, England...
reviews: 10
3. Re: Price of drink?

yeh drink is pretty pricey, best option is to buy duty free at the airport and take it with you. many places also had happy hour too so good to keep an eye out, our hotel bar had happy hour 4-6!

england
reviews: 20
4. Re: Price of drink?

Thanks so much for the info, will keep an eye out for happy hours! were not big drinkers but when your on holiday tend to have a couple more than at home, but dont want it to break the bank! Thanks for the advice :)

Central New Jersey
reviews: 108
5. Re: Price of drink?

Being from the NY metro area I wasn't overcome by the price of a drink and found the prices to be similar to that of a large city. I drink wine and my boyfriend drinks rum and coke, so if memory serves me correct, I think a round was about $15 - $20.

Oxford
reviews: 4
6. Re: Price of drink?

If you are traveling to Reykjavik, there is a bar with happy hour on drought beer between 4pm and 7pm called The Big Lebowski and the deal is 900 Icelandic Crowns , which means 450 crowns per beer and that is cheapest price I noticed in two weeks time being there.

manchester
7. Re: Price of drink?

Its not too bad if you do your homeork.

Most places will do a happy hour of sorts, usually between 16.00 and 20.00 where youll get a domestic beer or wine at half price.

If you like, when you land in Keflavik, you are able to use the duty free shops before you reach arrivals(frst time ive seen this). Pop in and get some spirits or wine .

we ve just got back and although the alcohol was fairly pricey , its not anything that isn t seen in many cities around the world.

Florida
reviews: 21
8. Re: Price of drink?

$15-20 per drink seems awful high, the few occasions we had drinks with dinner I don't remember it being that much. When we ran out of wine we brought into the country, we went to a store called Vinbudin I think, and once again, the prices are comparable to what I pay for wine in the states... I honestly don't recall drinks being that expensive. Maybe we did not visit the right kind of bars =)

Durham, United...
9. Re: Price of drink?

I'd agree with RobBas and Stephanes (who said $15 per round, by the way, not per drink). Drink and food seemed to me to be major city prices, so pretty much what you'd pay in, say, London. I think I paid about 1600ISK for a couple of drinks in some bar near the harbour in Reykjavik, so that's £8ish, and I paid almost that for two drinks in a pub here in Newcastle on Saturday. It's certainly not anything like Norway, Denmark or Sweden, in my experience.

Rapid City, South...
reviews: 2
10. Re: Price of drink?

Just watched the movie "Reykjavik-Rotterdam", is hard liquor so expensive in Iceland that they have to bootleg it in ?