We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Birthday meal for two vegetarians - where?

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
reviews: 5
Birthday meal for two vegetarians - where?

Hi, we're coming to Reykjavik next week and it's my boyfriend's birthday while we're there. I'd like to find somewhere nice but relaxed for us to go for a meal and some drinks, but we're both vegetarian which complicates things a little.

Neither of us are into fancy dining or fine wine so somewhere around the level of a bar meal or casual restaurant would be good. We both like Indian, Italian, Chinese, Mexican and Thai food, neither of us eat any meat or fish, but we do eat eggs, cheese etc.

Can anyone recommend somewhere I could take him in central Reykjavik? Thanks!

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
reviews: 21
1. Re: Birthday meal for two vegetarians - where?

Austur indíafélagið and Krua Tai are good. There are quite many options for you, since most restaurants have ,,vegetarian" dishes on their Menu.

Google is a great way to find these places.

Rockaway, New Jersey
reviews: 42
2. Re: Birthday meal for two vegetarians - where?

My husband and I ate at the Indian restaurant icelandicguide mentioned and thought the food was very good. We also had a lovely Italian meal at Caruso right in the center of the city. My husband is also a vegetarian and we found if we simply asked for a meat-free meal for him, even if one was not on the menu, the chef was always happy to oblige.

London, England...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Birthday meal for two vegetarians - where?

While not vegetarian myself, I have a favourite restaurant in Reykjavik, that serves vegetarian dishes. The goat cheese risotto is heavenly, I also tried a vegetarian platter, and then there is spinach and mozzarella salad if I remember correctly. Of course there is the option of asking for some of the pasta dishes to be made without chicken etc. Oh, and let's not forget mushroom bruschettas... The restaurant is located downtown and it's called Uno Cucina Italiana.

4. Re: Birthday meal for two vegetarians - where?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 06, 2014