We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget travel in Iceland

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 10
Budget travel in Iceland

Hi,

So I posted here before asking about tours vs rental cars. Now I think I'll combine it, rent a car for a day or 2 and do a tour on other days.

I'm travelling with a friend, we are staying in Reykjavik from March 13th to 19th. I love to see the following; Blue Lagoon, Golden Circle, South Coast, Reykjadalur Valley, Grundarfjordur and whatever else we can fit in. We are open to any and all suggestions.

Now Iceland isn't the cheapest place to stay and we are budget travellers so we are looking for people to share some costs, like renting a car. If you have any tips or want to join us on a trip let me know!

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
reviews: 21
1. Re: Budget travel in Iceland

My only tip is that you should not hike Reykjadalur valley by yourself. It can be very dangerous place, and every year there are numerous burn accidents, when people step into hot springs or boiling mud.

I recommend the local company: …wordpress.com/hike-tours-2/mountain-bath/ since they are the experts in this area.

Otherways hostels and bus tours seems to be your thing.

2. Re: Budget travel in Iceland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 30, 2014