We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sonar Festival in February

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
dc
reviews: 27
Sonar Festival in February

I know people would just be speculating to answer this question since the festival has never been at Harpa before, but is the city going to be louder than usual the weekend of the Sonar music festival? I am looking into a hotel that appears to be very close to the concert hall, and while I'm fine with normal bar noise, I'm wondering if the outdoor acts in the parking lot until 3am are going to be so loud that I may want to look into a hotel farther from the center of town. Thoughts?

Reykjavik
1. Re: Sonar Festival in February

The downtown area near Harpa tends to be very noisy at night on weekends so a hotel farther from the center is a good idea.

Delft, The...
2. Re: Sonar Festival in February

I'm surprised by this answer. Last time I was in Reykjavik, there was nothing at close distance from Harpa. The (underground) parking is alsmost 200 meters from the nearest hotel (Arnarhvoll) or any inhabitated area. I cannot imagine that you will notice much of the festival when you stay there. Of course a hotel on Laugarvegur will get it's share from partynoise, but not from Harpa.

dc
reviews: 27
3. Re: Sonar Festival in February

Thanks for the advice. I actually decided 'if you can't beat them join them' and purchased tickets to the festival so that if I'm kept awake by the noise, I'll go check it out and see why they are having so much fun :)

4. Re: Sonar Festival in February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, February 01, 2014