We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best bars/clubs

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sunderland
reviews: 60
Best bars/clubs

I'm traveling to Reykjavik in march for a stag party. We are looking for recommendations for good bars/clubs during our stay. We will be there Thursday and Friday night if that helps. Any other tips for nightlife would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sunderland
11. Re: Best bars/clubs

Thanks again, could I ask one further question. If as a group we were to wear fancy dress for the night (nothing to dramatic, all in suits or same t-shirt etc) would we get into bars clubs etc?

Manchester, United...
reviews: 30
12. Re: Best bars/clubs

Big Lebowski bar would definitely be a great place to start out. We went here one night a got a burger and fries in a basket, with a pint of lager for about £7.50. The food was very good, they also have a good selction of white russians.

We had a few drinks in a few different bars, prices ranged from about £4.50 - £7 for a pint or bottle, didn't drink any shots or spirits so don't know how much they were.

There are very few shops to buy alcohol in Reykjavik so it is a good idea to take some duty free with you. We flew from Gatwick and because Iceland is outside the EU, we got 1 litre of Stlichnaya and 1 litre of gordons for £20 which is pretty amazing value.

New England
reviews: 36
13. Re: Best bars/clubs

There's no best, just pub crawl, but be sure you stay near the center of town. Check out my thoughts here: …hubpages.com/hub/Out-And-About-In-Reykjavik…

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Iceland
reviews: 29
14. Re: Best bars/clubs

You might find this "Bar Guide" published by Grapevine useful. It is a very comprehensive review of just about every bar in the area.

grapevine.is/media/…issue_7_barguide_new.pdf

Sunderland
15. Re: Best bars/clubs

Some excellent advice thanks. Any more suggestions for good reasonably priced food? Bar food, burgers etc.

Thanks

London
reviews: 4
16. Re: Best bars/clubs

Hi

I'm thinking of heading the Reykjavik for y stag do and it would be great to hear how you got on?

Any recommendations? I was hoping to do a stag do for 4-5 days....would that be too long there?

Cheers

Stevenage, United...
reviews: 19
17. Re: Best bars/clubs

Hi. Can you give an idea how much say a glass of wine or pint is in Isk pls. Thanks.

Auckland Region...
18. Re: Best bars/clubs

going there in july when it should be warm ish

Auckland Region...
19. Re: Best bars/clubs

i plan to go there in july.would it be roughly the same cost as western europe in general?

20. Re: Best bars/clubs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 02, 2014