We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Lagoon Question

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Blue Lagoon Question

I'm heading to Sweden and Denmark in the spring and will be transferring in Reykjavik on the way back home. Because of budget and time restrictions, I'll only be there for a day and ahalf altogether.

With regards to the Blue Lagoon, is it worth visiting if you're not going in the water? Can you walk around and explore the area?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Philadelphia...
1. Re: Blue Lagoon Question

The Blue Lagoon is truly a unique experience. As far as visiting without entering the water itself...I would say no. You can walk around and see the lagoon, but there's not much to see other than the water. I do recommend it. Is there a reason you're not choosing to go into the water? You should also visit upon landing. As downtown Reykjavik is about 40-45 minutes from the airport. We also rented ATV 4X4's before the Blue Lagoon. That was definitely a good time. Although some what difficult when you're hungover haha.

Youll have to let me know how Sweden is. I am traveling back to Reykjavik in September. From there we're going to Stockholm and Prague. Have fun!

Edited: 6:29 pm, January 22, 2013
Boston...
reviews: 12
2. Re: Blue Lagoon Question

You can have a drink or a meal in the cafe, and you can enjoy the scenery...huge observation deck overlooking the lagoon, and lava fields all around as far as you can see.

But why not swim? If you get the cheapest entry fee and bring your own towel, it's still the same unforgettable experience.

Spore
reviews: 4
3. Re: Blue Lagoon Question

Hi,

Is there a part of the lagoon which is very near covered area or extends indoor? Walking in swimsuit outdoor during winter is quite daunting... Or can i wear a jacket and take off right before entering the water?

Solihull
reviews: 21
4. Re: Blue Lagoon Question

The lagoon is very close to the changing area - only a few steps. You can also wear a robe outside; hangers are provided.

Reykjavik, Iceland
Destination Expert
for Iceland
reviews: 2
5. Re: Blue Lagoon Question

Yes it extends indoor. You can enter the water inside and then swim out.

Boston...
reviews: 12
6. Re: Blue Lagoon Question

The Blue Lagoon indoor area is very luxurious and comfortable, though simply designed. It's quite warm inside, and people lounge at tables in their swimsuits (I was there only a week ago, mid-January). The only fully dressed people are the lifeguards and the staff inside.

You can rent a robe, bring your own, or wear your jacket. As mentioned here, the dressing rooms are just steps from the water. There are hooks inside and out to hang your robe, towel, or jacket.

Indoors there is seating space, a smaller cafe area and also a large cafe and bar--plenty of space to get comfortable in!

Spore
7. Re: Blue Lagoon Question

Thanks all for the details, i can't wait to jump in!

Spore
8. Re: Blue Lagoon Question

Sorry, 1 more question, are young children allowed to use a float in the lagoon?

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
reviews: 25
9. Re: Blue Lagoon Question

The are supposed to do so, and flotations are provided.

Spore
10. Re: Blue Lagoon Question

That's great, thanks!